New to Turbo FIre

Options
Hey Everyone!

I just started day one of Turbo Fire...and boy was I lost....tried and pushed my hardest but they were just moving too fast. Also anyone know how many calories are shed? Is this normal to feel so un-coordinated?

Replies

• wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have not done Turbo Fire, but have done Turbo Jam. At first I found Turbo Jam a bit confusing just because she moves so quickly through it. My husband was confused at first too. You will catch on though and do great! Just keep at it!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Did you do the "new to class" option? It helps a ton in getting the moves down. I did it for probably 2-3 times for each class until I got the hang of it. I do still get lost sometimes though! I'm in week 14 so feel free to add me :)

As far as calorie burn, you'll want to invest in a heart rate monitor because it's going to be different for everyone.
  • MamaBear2011
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Fire I am into my 4th week and if you keep at it you will begin to understand the lingo and pick up the pace a lot better. I was also very uncoordinated when I first started It is more than normal its expected :).

If you are giving the workouts all you got and going high intensity during the hit workouts your burning between 350-500 calories and with the Fire classes 400-600 calories per-workout. Good luck on your journey with Turbo Fire its TONS OF FUN and well worth the end results.
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Totally normal!!! I can't get through the "new to class" because it is too boring for me. For me I started with Turbo Fire 30 and did that for about a week until I could get through it well. Then I watch the DVD before I do the video, usually the night before. Once you get her lingo down, it gets easier.

And I have a HRM that tells me how many calories burned so I know exactly what I am burning. Just keep hitting PLAY and it will all come together. Good Luck!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    I strongly suggest doing the new to class option at least once, it really does break it down for you and helps you become familiar with the lingo and the steps. Like Chalene says often though its not about the specific moves it's about MOVING. Just keep pushing play and it will all come together. I'm on week 6 btw and I still feel lost sometimes, just gotta keep moving. Good luck!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I tried to do Turbo Fire at the beginning of since March, but found it too fast for me & just got frustrated. So I switched to Turbo Jam, and have been doing that ever since.

Now that I've built up my stamina & understand Chalene's cues a bit better, I finally think I'm ready to move on to Turbo Fire - which I will do once I finish my first round of ChaLean Extreme / Turbo Jam hybrid in 9 weeks..... I can't wait.... ! :bigsmile:
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I just started last night and felt the same way!! I did the new to class version and I still would get lost..lol.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering for a while what Turbo Fire is - is it kickboxing? Is it dancy? I love Chalene as an instructor but didn't care for Chalene Extreme. Thank you!
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering for a while what Turbo Fire is - is it kickboxing? Is it dancy? I love Chalene as an instructor but didn't care for Chalene Extreme. Thank you!

It is like a dancey kickboxing. So it isn't the serious stuff, like a fun way to do it!
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Thank you!