green tea

Options
Has anyone tried green tea supplements I have read that they can be very effective in assisting weight loss started taking them yesterday had a headache all day not sure if this is from the caffeine in the tablets?

I would love to hear if anyone else has ever tried, succeeded etc etc with green tea extract capsules.

Thx
Vicky

Replies

• vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Has anyone tried green tea supplements I have read that they can be very effective in assisting weight loss started taking them yesterday had a headache all day not sure if this is from the caffeine in the tablets?

I would love to hear if anyone else has ever tried, succeeded etc etc with green tea extract capsules.

Thx
    Vicky
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I've never tried the capsules, but I drink at least a cup of green tea per day. They never give me headaches, but then I drink a lot of coffee, so I would be used to the caffeine.
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    My boyfriend took green tea supplements in capsule form and had great success with them. I am very caffeine sensitive and haven't tried his supplements but do drink decaf green tea. The best tea I have found so far is called Wu-yi tea. You may have heard of it because supposedly Oprah and Rachel Ray use it in their diets. It has a great flavor and is suppose to be the tea that has the maximum amount of the good stuff that promotes weight loss that is in green tea. It can be a bit pricey but I found a good deal on it at coffeedirect.com. Hope this helps!
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Tea in general is one of those things that is good for you (both black and green), and that you can have as much of as you'd like without any guilt at all. If you would like to taste a lot of different kinds (it's a great way to indulge and not gain an ounce!) there is a company called Upton Tea Purveyors at the following address https://secure.uptontea.com. You can order samples of any of the teas they carry, and they are truly the best teas you'll ever taste. They also carry a lot of organic teas and herbal tisanes...by the way, if you prefer decaffeinated drinks, brew your tea for thirty seconds, pour off the water and brew the tea again in fresh hot water it will be 95% caffeine free without the nasty chemicals used to decaffeinate most teas and coffees. Enjoy!
    Cowboy
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I just started taking green tea tablets also, but haven't had any problem with them. I pair mine up with Chromium Picolinate. A friend of mine did this and had great success lossing weight. But be careful if you get your green tea tablets from the "diet" section instead of the vitiman/suppliment section it may already have the Chromium in it.
  • babiecuddles
    babiecuddles Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have been taking them off and on for the past 2 months. (ran out and took awhile to go buy more) but I noticed my weight loss was more during the time I was taking the capsule. I also drink coffee so the caffeine has not bothered me.
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have used supplements that have green tea extract in them, but I could never take the recommended dosage. The bottle said something like 2 tablets 2x a day. I could never take more than one at a time or I would get lightheaded and nauseous. I don't take them everyday either because I don't want my body to rely on them too much. I have started drinking decaf green tea after dinner instead of booze so I am killing two birds with one stone. I know drinking green tea is excellent for you, and warms you up in the winter!!
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who replied to this I think I will keep taking green tea capsules my headaches have gone know took a couple of days but maybe I am getting used to the caffeine. (previously I kept my caffeine intake quite low only 2 cups of coffee a day and no coke etc.)

Thanks to everyone
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • kris23
    kris23 Posts: 44
    Options
    I am a caffine junky (just coffee usually). I take green tea extract, CLA, calcium with magnesium and citramax. I have good weightloss with them and no side effects. I have found my energy to sky rocket while I am on them, and I don't have energy dives ever. Just perfectly energized all day, even after exercising (30min yoga and Get ripped 1000) I don't feel tired.
  • Aisha
    Aisha Posts: 10
    Options
    I started taking the green tea capsules yesterday, and I am not feeling hungary anymore. I love chocolate and cakes and junk like that, I am walking right past them I just dont want it.
    I dont know if its the capsules or just a loss of appetite.
    Has this happened to anyone else?
  • annamaria
    Options
    i drink 3 cups of green tea a day....some flavoured with blackcurrant or orange and i really like it:smile:

x
    annamria
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hey, if you want a really tasty green tea, Upton Tea Imports has one called Sweet Almond Green Tea. It is SO good. It has toasted almonds and lime flowers in it. When it is brewed, I use a bit of Splenda in it and it takes just like good rice pudding! It helps when I want something sweet, and it is also incredibly good for you.
    Cowboy:drinker: