Exercises?

Options
What are your exercises? I am trying to get inspiration and work on my on workout routine.

Replies

• mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I am doing Chalean Extreme for strength and Turbo Fire for cardio. Also spending some time on the treadmill and elliptical. Good luck to you finding what you love :)
  • JudyP0389
    JudyP0389 Posts: 46
    Options
    Leslie Sanson power walking videos. :smile:
  • bettyp304
    bettyp304 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like the Tae Bo DVDS. Lots of variety and very motivating.
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA! I do Zumba at least twice a week, and I also do The Biggest Loser Boot Camp. I love them both, but I'm not ready to do them both everyday. I WILL get there though :wink:
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Zumba, pliates, swimming, jogging, and the odd workout DVD.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I have a rower and an elliptical. Gonna do a yoga DVD tonight and sometime soon am going to start the 30 day shred.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Tae Bo, but I also use The Firm, and Walk Away the pounds. I recently found out that my library has exercise dvds, so I've been getting new ones to switch it up every week. Good luck on finding something that works for you!
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi Stacey,

As I am overweight and I have tiny but wide feet, jogging is out of the question for me. Walking is definitely in and so I went to YouTube.com and learned how to "power walk." This can give you a great work out and I encourage anyone to do it. However, it is easier to walk with a way to track your distance and calorie loss. However, this is just for your cardiovascular work out.

You, me, everyone has to incorporate strength training, so again, because I cannot afford a program nor a gym, I have a resistance band that I again research exercise moves on YouTube and develop a few reps to help me develop and tone what muscle I have. Remember that muscles burn more calories than cardio can at a state of rest so it really pays to do strength exercises.
  • Keisha215
    Keisha215 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i just started to go to planet fitness and using the stepper for about 45min,.. also I started to run / jog.. thou i am not very good at jogging... the idea is to keep moving. I get of one stop ahead of my usual stop which is about .9km then walk to my house.. the problem is i have not consistently done the plan i laid out for myself. Just thinking about what I am not doing gets me frustrated
  • TurboKickGirl
    Options
    I LOVE TurboKick (kickboxing) great music and so much fun. I was scared to try it 8 years ago at the gym. I waited until I felt ready to tackle it, then I did and realized that I shouldn't have waited because it was only as hard as you make it (lots of levels). And now I'm teaching it!
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Insanity, Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. My fave is ZUMBA! I dance around a lot...freestyle. Biking, skating, running.

I have a desk job, and I feel like I don't have time to exercise...so my new found "thing" is I do 10 of anything I can think of when I think of it. If no one's in the office, I'll do stuff...if they are...I go to the bathroom. Maybe squats, lunges, even just holding my chair and swinging my leg back and forth engaging the muscle, jumping jacks, push ups...whatever you can think of. Something is better than nothing. I am actually noticing a difference from doing it. :) And my coworkers haven't a CLUE! lol
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I try to either run or walk 4 miles a day, also i do some strength training 2 or 3 times a week. (including, squats, lunges, plank, crunches, push-ups ect....) I also have a shake weight which i try to use every once in a while.