The Things We Do For Love

Options

Replies

• perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I used to make his lunches, but it is hard to send something that doesn't get old. Sometimes the lunches would go uneaten. So I only make them on occassion now. I try to buy pop for him to take, and sometimes I will pick up a ready made salad.

I stay up late with him even though I am tired. The kids go to bed at 10( and I like to have alone time with him) and my husband is a night owl sometimes.

I offer to make his plate, and I usually pick it up to put it in the sink.

I try not to constantly read while in his presence. He would rather I watch tv with him. I feign interest in football. Luckily I do like hockey and basketball.
  • ♥jewel♥
    ♥jewel♥ Posts: 839
    Options
    Do BJ's count?:smokin:
    You almost made me snort my sandwich.

A day without a BJ (not BJ!) is like a day without breathing
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

I have no idea how to read that.
  • ♥jewel♥
    Options

It sounded cooler in my head
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I set my alarm to go off 36 minutes before I need to get up and snuggle with my husband through 4 rounds of hitting the snooze button.

My girlfriend does the same thing lol

here are a few things i do for my girlfriend

I leave her random notes she finds around the house telling her i love her and how much i appreciate her.

I do goofy dances out of nowhere just to make her laugh.

I cook her dinner at least one night a week.

I make sure every morning i wake her up with a kiss and tell her i love her.

I'll sneak into the bathroom while she is showering and write nice things on the fogged up mirror.

I watch dumb girly tv shows with her and don't complain... well i don't complain much lol.
  • binary_jester
    Options

I just wasn't sure if I should agree or not.
  • ♥jewel♥
    Options

This may be a "nod & smile" kind of response.
  • binary_jester
    Options

This may be a "nod & smile" kind of response.
    :nods and smiles:

I am trainable.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Funny what power the BJ holds.
  • ♥jewel♥
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Bump because I love reading about love...
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    12 years together, 10 years married. I cook and clean our house. I traded in my car and bought him a 2500HD red silverado for Mother's Day (LOL). I go for rides on his motorcycle sometimes even though it scares me to no end. I watch the kiddos so he can sleep in on his days off. I mow the lawn so he doesn't have. But he helped me get my MS degree, helped with labor and nursing the kiddos when I had trouble, he buys pretty jewlery sometimes and he cuddles A LOT.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Gawd I'm such a worm. I should tell him everyday, but I'm usually annoyed at the kids, and therefore annoyed at him for making me have them :laugh:
    hahaha nice!!!!! I does those to wake him up from sleeping lmao ik TMI....your too much
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I really hope your spouses appreciate all the hard work you guys put in.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I found BJs usally work (im talking about ben and jerrys really :huh: )
    The day before his only day off I make sure to clean the house spotless so he can just relax and not worry about having to do anything
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I try to always treat my wife as special. One thing I do is brunch on Sunday Mornings. I usually get up at 5am and hit the street by 5:45, for a 7 mile walk. Before I leave, I set the coffee pot up so all she has to do when she gets up is turn it on. It usually takes me 2 hours for my walk. She is just getting up. I bring the Sunday Paper in, pour her a cup of coffee and leave her to read it while I make brunch. I always try to make something special -- at least one new thing. This past weekend, I made Omelettes with Shrimp, Green Onions, Peppers, Parmesan and Guyere Cheeses. I also made a savory Sweet Potato Tart (the something new this week) and French Toast with a pear and strawberry reduction. I serve her and then we usually watch the morning news and plan our day together.

We are going to Palm springs this summer and she has asked me how close that is to Hollywood, so today I have been researching and planning an excursion from Palm Springs to include Rodeo Drive and Hollywood Walk of Fame and seeing the Hollywood sign. I don't get it either, but that's what she has asked about , so that's what I will try and surprise her with.

Can't think of anything I WOULDN'T do for the women I love -- including my daughters in there. Makes me happy when I make them happy.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I take his car for maintenance and cleaning.

When he was deployed, I'd go to the comic book store once a month, pick up all his comics and send them to him.

I run all his errands so he doesn't have to worry about it in the evenings or on the weekends.

If he's had a bad day, I cook his favorite meal (enchiladas) and make sure he has cold beers.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I found BJs usally work (im talking about ben and jerrys really :huh: )
    The day before his only day off I make sure to clean the house spotless so he can just relax and not worry about having to do anything

My kind of woman. (I'm talking about Been and Jerry's; really)
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    We will be married 14 years in August, and I still make sure he has a hot meal when he comes home everyday. I take extra time to make his favorite treats (even when I can't eat them). I wash his back in the tub, and we always, always say I love you before getting off the phone, or if one of us leaves the house. I also sit outside with him when he is doing some project or the other to keep him company (or help when I can!) And once he kicks his work boots off, I never ever ask him to go to the store!
  • ginagn73
    ginagn73 Posts: 89
    Options
    I had 3 kids with him and went through 9 months each child of brutal pregnancies and brutal labours. Never mind how huge I got for him to! What else do i need to do for him? :wink: