Pulled something in my groin

Options
MsP90X
MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
... I think. Or maybe I pinched a nerve, I am not sure but I know that something is HURTING and I was wondering if any runners out there have experienced the same pain? How long does it last? What can I do to help it go away?

Help please!!!

Just to define the problem a little more: I am doing the Bridge to 10k (W2, D2) and have developed a sharp pain in my left groin area. It doesn't hurt all the time and I was able to run on Sunday despite it; however, when I crouch, lift my leg or even get into the car it pains really bad! Has anyone else had this type of injury and what do you recommend for soothing the pain?

I have been taking hot, jetted baths and taking a two day rest between runs but I wanted to know if there was something else that might help?

Replies

• cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ice
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Try alternating heat with cold. My Doctor made me do that when I separated a shoulder once.

Drink lots of water too; it rushes to the area to repair the damage.
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    ice pack it, no stress on the muscle till better, but mobilise it gently!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    It's common to be sore on the inner thigh area when you start to run, or increase your distance. I remember when I first started running I would wince everytime I had to step over the baby gate :laugh: Stretch, stretch, stretch, and ice after your runs and it will get better. Of course I'm NOT a Dr. so don't be silly and ignore it if it continues or gets worse. :wink: Good luck on your 10K!
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    ice to decrease inflamation, rest unfortunatley, physical therapy consult to see what muscles are weak and maybe by stengthening them you will not strain the groin again! good luck
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner, but I had the same exact pain in my groin for about 2 weeks!! All I can recomend is to rest from exercise. Also, when I walked, I overcompensated my steps because I thought the pain would shoot back. Don't do that, try to keep your hips tight when you walk and keep your abs tight also. Feel better!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice, I will ice it! I hope it is feeling better soon...