Migraine Tips

Options
13»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You can eat? My stomach won't keep anything down. Have you been medically diagnosed, or are you making an assumption that it is a migraine?

Migraine is accompanied by severe nausea. You may be having monthly cycle headaches, not migraines. They are often accompanied by food cravings.

It depends if I catch it fast enough. If I manage to "treat" my migraines before they get bad - then I can eat. Sometimes just getting a meal in helps it lessen and go away (I take tylenol or excedrine right away too). But if it comes too fast or I try to ignore it for too long - then I end up just crawling into a ball and that's that..lol. I can't eat.

Other things I do at the beginning of a migraine is eat some chocolate. It has natural sedatives and caffeine and sometimes I don't even have to take tylenol or excedrin :)

ETA: Yes, I do have migraines. it runs in my family and I once had a migraine last about 3 days and it was so bad I ended up getting vertigo because of it. (And yes, this was confirmed by a doctor).
  • TheRealDeniseSheets
    Options
    I'm another "odd" one who doesn't follow the "migraine pattern". I get migraine with aura- and I get the aura each and every time I get a migraine. I used to experience nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, incoherence and debilitating pain until I discovered Maxalt, which is a Rizatriptan and has been a lifesaver for me. I'm lucky I get the auras because that allows me to take the meds the second my symptoms start. I tried Imitrix but that didn't help me.

Years ago I started to take Evening Primrose Oil (in pill form) and I found that decreased my migraines pretty significantly so I would say that is worth a shot.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options