My first cheat meal!

Options
I decided that my will power to bounce back from eating badly is good enough to finally eat what I've been CRAVING for 6 weeks....
OXTAILS, rice and cabbage! I logged it in and when I divided the portions into two...it was under 550 calories which is still good for a dinner and my lunch for the next day!

Replies

• Terri_74
    Terri_74 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thats Fab!! My first cheat meal was a roast dinner with Pork and all the trimmings...It gave me tummy ache for the rest of the night so it was good in a way as I haven't had a cheat meal since lol! :smile:
  • DEE4560
    DEE4560 Posts: 139
    Options
    what is oxtails?
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Good for you! If you can eat the things you love and not let it derail you from your goal that's fantastic! Wishing you continued success :smile:
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    would you ever do another cheat meal?? and it did fill me up REALLY quick and made me tired lol.
  • mynewself
    mynewself Posts: 22
    Options
    :drinker: yeahh for cheat meals!! never had oxtails.whats it like?
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Interesting craving.... but know that you should be able to eat what you like....'all things are permissible to you'. The key is portion control. That is why I love MFP! It helps you to balance.
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    OX TAILS?! Roast pork?! This thread is disgusting.
  • Terri_74
    Terri_74 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes I would!!! I think maybe my eyes were bigger than my tummy. A little of what you fancy does you good right?!! :happy:
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    My favorite food is Mexican and I cant imagine giving up my favorite resturant the rest of my life so I will find something that I can eat there!
  • arielian
    Options
    @cantwaittobethin26: Dont knock it till ya try it! lol
    @mynewself and @DEE4560: Oxtails is the tail of the cow! I have west indies in my family and it was always a staple!
  • nakie22
    nakie22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    a cheat meal that is not really a cheat!!!!! GOD JOB!
  • arielian
    Options
    a cheat meal that is not really a cheat!!!!! GOD JOB!

Yay!!!!! Thanks!!
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    It's awesome that you were able to make two meals out of it.
    Here's what I do with my eating. I try to choose healthier or at least lower calorie meals or options no matter what. We eat out a lot mainly because my sweetie pie doesn't like to cook, and lately my time is limited. So I don't completely rule out cravings or bad foods like ice cream etc. I make sure that the calories in my bad foods stay under my daily budget before indulging in them. I use the phone application a lot to look up what the calories in foods are before I make a choice, it's great for those on the go.
    I've always hated "Low fat" or "low sugar" foods, mainly because I am big on taste.
    With a lot of things like tacos, or burritos, even guacamole I make my own, and I pay attention to serving sizes, etc.
  • arielian
    Options
    It's awesome that you were able to make two meals out of it.
    Here's what I do with my eating. I try to choose healthier or at least lower calorie meals or options no matter what. We eat out a lot mainly because my sweetie pie doesn't like to cook, and lately my time is limited. So I don't completely rule out cravings or bad foods like ice cream etc. I make sure that the calories in my bad foods stay under my daily budget before indulging in them. I use the phone application a lot to look up what the calories in foods are before I make a choice, it's great for those on the go.
    I've always hated "Low fat" or "low sugar" foods, mainly because I am big on taste.
    With a lot of things like tacos, or burritos, even guacamole I make my own, and I pay attention to serving sizes, etc.

I have to learn how to do that when i go out to eat!!!
  • babydaisy83
    babydaisy83 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good job. I'm having rice n beans with a pork chop tthurs. And I'm going to split the meal thanks for the idea. This is a lifestyle change not a diet so I hate telling myself cheat. It's just a different meal choice lol. We can do it.

And as for the comment about pork n oxtails being disgusting. NOT NICE.
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    Interesting craving.... but know that you should be able to eat what you like....'all things are permissible to you'. The key is portion control. That is why I love MFP! It helps you to balance.

This exactly. No need to deprive yourself of food you love. Why not just fit it into your calorie budget? Then you wouldn't feel the need to "cheat" or go over your calorie budget.
  • Quierstina
    Options
    would you ever do another cheat meal?? and it did fill me up REALLY quick and made me tired lol.

Honestly, I do one or two a week and it hasn't thrown me off at all. I'm not losing 10lbs a month more like 7-10 depends on the month. I'm ok with that tho :)
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Honestly, I do one or two a week and it hasn't thrown me off at all. I'm not losing 10lbs a month more like 7-10 depends on the month. I'm ok with that tho :)

I do a cheat meal every single week, and I am confident that it is a major reason I have had good results(1-2lb/week). I think that for me, it makes it sooo much easier to stick with "eating clean" all week long. It's also a good way to get rid of cravings(like oxtails) :smile: I know that the cheat meal doesn't work for some people, but I'm a HUGE fan.. I always feel very sluggish afterwards, and it reminds me why I should continue to eat healthy all week. Our bodies run so much more efficiently on healthy food...

on a side note: I am West Indian and I like Ox tails too!! :wink:
  • Quierstina
    Options
    [/quote]

QUOTE: I do a cheat meal every single week, and I am confident that it is a major reason I have had good results(1-2lb/week).

[/quote]

I agree 100%
  • arielian
    Options
    im gonna try that!