Hi

jessrose825
jessrose825 Posts: 1
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hey Everyone. My name is Jess and I am a mother of 3 trying to live a healthier lifestyle and lose some weight. I started my weight loss journey last August at 229 lbs and am currently at 178 lbs. It's been a struggle with quite a few plateaus, but slow and steady. Ideally, I would like to get down to 145 lbs, but as long as I am fit, healthy, and feel good about myself I won't concentrate as much on the number. I started using myfitnesspal a few weeks ago and it has been a great tool!! Good luck to everyone on their journey!!

Replies

• fuminator18
    fuminator18 Posts: 89 Member
    hello~welcome to MFP. I think MFP is a great tool myself!!
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    wonderful attitude and welcome aboard! I read your post and like that you are not focused on a set # as a final goal I have to learn that sometimes it's just a # and it's how you look and feel that is the big bonus! Thanks for reminding me of that!
  • becka95
    becka95 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi Jess! Great job on the weight loss so far! This site is a great tool to keep track of everything that you eat and exercise. I personally was floored by how much I was actually eating, especially the high calorie foods. Unfortunately, I'm not as disciplined and I hit more plateaus than pounds lost but I'm working on it. I just keep in mind that I didn't gain the weight in one week so it's going to take longer than a week to lose it.

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.