Best Shoes?

Options
So I have finally worked to the point where I am able to do some running while I am getting my cardio on in the evenings. But when I am done the only thing that is kiling me are my feet. So, I was wondering what was the best running shoe for women?

Replies

• Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Bump....Cause my feet hurt too!
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    There really is no single "best" - it all depends on you, your feet, your body. Go to a runner's store (Fleet Feet, etc) and have them fit you. It's free and the shoes cost no more than they do everywhere else. They'll be able to look at your feet and stride and figure out what type of shoe is best for YOU.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    There's no single best shoe. Each person will have a different ideal shoe depending on their foot shape and running gate. Best thing you can do is go to a good running shop and work with them to find the ideal shoe for you. They will analyze your gait and give you options to choose from. Then you pick the most comfortable one that fits your budget.

Getting appropriate shoes is a big "AHA" moment for a lot of runners.
  • robincnrr
    robincnrr Posts: 14
    Options
    I think your best bet would be to go to a running sports store and get fitted for a pair it is def worth it
  • wolfka64
    wolfka64 Posts: 1
    Options
    :smile: Hi, and best of luck with running!!! I stared out wearing kayano (asics) and loved them enough to but them 3 more times as they would wear. I was going to buy my 5th pair when the sales guy says try these Brooks on, skepical but willing, I tried them on....Wow what an awesome shoe. It's the brooks trance 10 and I will continue to buy it. Another great idea is to go to a running store near you and have them fit your foot. A good pair of shoes will be your favorite peice of equipement.
  • zooflute
    zooflute Posts: 50
    Options
    Make sure you stretch! A lot of my foot pain came from plantar's fasciitis, which I was able to mostly get rid of by stretching my calves everyday.

When you go to the store to get a shoe suggestion, wear or bring the shoes you've been running in. They can look at the treads for wear to see what's going on (pronation, etc.)