I RAN!

Options
Lets be honest, the last time I ran (and not from a big scary dog or some scary creature on Halloween) was back in 10th grade, and I'm now 25. It was time to get back on that horse. So I've been doing this outdoor boot camp for about a month now, twice a week. It's not a super intense one, but it's a really good workout none the less. Well, yesterday the trainer decided to switch it up and make us run suicides with a partner, and you ran it twice. I may have run slowly, and I stopped once, but I ran almost both of my runs all the way through! Yay!

Replies

• shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Congratulations!!
    I do what I like to call a "shuffle" haha! Maybe one day i'll be a runner too!
  • gladysrutter
    gladysrutter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!!! congrats :):):)
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    That's awesome =0) Congrats!
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!
  • fosterks
    fosterks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! That is fantastic!! Keep it up, you'll love it x
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Well done! You will surprise yourself by what you can physically do if you put your mind to it!! Keep it up.:drinker:
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    Thats wonderful. It doesn't matter how fast or slow or even if you had to stop...the point is you did it and didn't quit. Thats an accomplishment in itself. Keep up the good work. :)
  • Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    wo ho !!..feels great eh ..i try to run for 35mins hard going tho!
  • retamarie
    retamarie Posts: 2
    Options
    WTG! Now that you know you can, you will continue to push until you complete it and then exceed it. Great job
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    WTG :) Congratulations.
  • carrotsandcupcakes
    carrotsandcupcakes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job! :-)

I'm also taking a boot camp class and it's a ton of running so I'm getting more used to it, too!
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    yeah you! it is such a great accomplishment! I saw a poster once that said it doesn't matter how slow I go I am still lapping people sitting on the couch!

Look for it the posting was on this site in the encouragement section something about need some inspiration Operation Inspiration.

wait til you do more! you are invincible!

it's a great feeling glad you shared!
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    Congratulations!

I recently ran for the first time since high school, too. I could only run for a minute or two at a time before I walked, but in the past I'd always given up when I couldn't run anymore. Now I keep walking until I can start running again. It's frustrating to know that I wouldn't have gotten any points in gym class for my 20-minute mile, but when I finally made peace with the fact that walking now and then is okay, it actually made me feel very free. I even look forward to it some mornings. :)
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    it doesn't matter how slow I go I am still lapping people sitting on the couch!

I love that!!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Awesome girl!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!