BWL Purple Team September 19-21

Options
Congratulations all of you on working so hard and we were on top this week again!!!!

I am curious, how many of you are motivated to stick to this because of this challenge, and how many would be doing this with or without the challenge?

For me personally, there have been many times over the last 4 weeks when I have wanted to eat something and then I think of all of you... and how I would let you down. Same with exercise.

How about you all?

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I am celebrating my 5th wedding anniversary :heart:

Replies

• tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    Congratulations all of you on working so hard and we were on top this week again!!!!

I am curious, how many of you are motivated to stick to this because of this challenge, and how many would be doing this with or without the challenge?

For me personally, there have been many times over the last 4 weeks when I have wanted to eat something and then I think of all of you... and how I would let you down. Same with exercise.

How about you all?

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I am celebrating my 5th wedding anniversary :heart:
  • carak2000
    Options

That's so sweet! For me it's a combination of for myself and for the challenge. But, similarly for me, if I'm considering cheating, I think of the challenge and usually pull it together.

Happy Anniversary - enjoy!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

That's so sweet! For me it's a combination of for myself and for the challenge. But, similarly for me, if I'm considering cheating, I think of the challenge and usually pull it together.

Happy Anniversary - enjoy!

Goodness.....I need to adopt that frame of mind more often!! And I shall!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • melissa73
    Options
    Yeah Purple rocks.

I do think of the team when I don't want to workout or eat something I'm not supposed to. But I know that this change in me is for me and me alone... Wow that's a lot of mmmmeeeessss.... I must be doing this for ME....

The team does motivate me more than I would be motivated on my own... Thanks for that...:drinker:

Happy Anniversary T. Enjoy your weekend everyone...

Go Purple....
  • tall_t
    Options
    doin a BUMP!:blushing:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Been a VERY stressful week, but have managed to stay within calories :drinker: . My birthday was Wed and I stayed away from cake :smile: . Monday was my son's b-day and I had a half a piece of cheesecake which still was within calories (despite the fat and dairy:grumble: ). I am glad that Saturday is almost here. Looking forward to an AM & PM workout on both Saturday and Sunday - mostly for a mental time out for me & stress relief.

I hope you had a wonderful anniversary, T! *hugs* :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm finding the accountabilty of this challenge very motivating. I don't want to let the team down. Plus I have a set day and time that I weigh weekly. I didn't seem able to develop that structure on my own. If I didn't think I did well enough on Tuesday to weigh, I'd just decide I'd do it tomorrow. We all know what happens when you say tomorrow in a weight loss plan. Tomorrow quickly becomes a week later.

I'm very glad to have this challenge and I'm hopeing that my enthusiasm will accelerate with the show.
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I will be celebrating my birthday this weekend (even though it's technically on Monday). I'll try not to eat TOO many extra calories..haha...have a great weekend everyone!
  • tall_t
    Options
    Wow where is everyone and how was your weekend?
  • tall_t
    Options
    I will be celebrating my birthday this weekend (even though it's technically on Monday). I'll try not to eat TOO many extra calories..haha...have a great weekend everyone!

I just read this! Happy Birthday!!! Let us know how it went!
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    OMG, worst weekend (for my diet, anyway!) EVER. The week before was all extra eating and ToM bloating, and then we went to a get-together with a bunch of friends and I drank too much and ate way too much. :blushing: But I had fun! It wasn't too hard to climb back on the wagon. Hope I can stay here this time around!
  • Fab140
    Options
    OMG, worst weekend (for my diet, anyway!) EVER. The week before was all extra eating and ToM bloating, and then we went to a get-together with a bunch of friends and I drank too much and ate way too much. :blushing: But I had fun! It wasn't too hard to climb back on the wagon. Hope I can stay here this time around!

Almost sounds like my weekend!! lol......

:flowerforyou: We're climbing right back on!! :flowerforyou:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! :flowerforyou: Mine was Wed. & we celebrated on Saturday. Had a great meal at Red Lobster (couldn't even finish my meal since I started my plan:noway: ). Whew - had leftovers Sunday (hence the AM and PM workouts:happy: on Sunday).

How was your birthday? Did you do anything fun?
  • tall_t
    Options

You all can do it!!! I know you can!!!!
  • Fab140
    Options

You all can do it!!! I know you can!!!!

Thanks!:drinker:

Seeing as I was considering taking a leave of absence from MFP, I think I'm doing ok! Just have to be smart.
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Happy Birthday Grey! :flowerforyou:

I'm motivated by having all of you as friends in my long journey :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: