Walden Farms Products

Options
Mios3
Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
So a couple of women here at work have started using Walden Farms products as part of their HCG diets. The labels reads "0" calories and I am just wondering how that is and what do they taste like?

Replies

• shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    they are not that bad. of course not as good as the real thing, but its great not to add calories. My favorite is the choc syrup. I just add a little to almond milk for a great 40 cal, 1 carb and no sugar cup of choc milk!

The salad dressings have a little vinegar taste to them, but they are not bad at all. I didnt care for the caramel dip that I used on apple wedges.

I found all of there products at Food Lion. must better then ordering and then paying for shipping.
  • itsbigs
    itsbigs Posts: 4
    Options
    "0" is absolutely true. Check out their website,http://www.waldenfarms.com. I've had many of their products. As a reformed foody I give them an A++ on taste. No guilt to have flavor and taste! Well worth the time to find their various products. My girlfriend and I now prefer their products over the other national brands.
  • ChristinaMarie85
    ChristinaMarie85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I checked out the website, it sounds pretty cool. Can you find it in a normal grocery store, or do you have to order it online?
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have used their salad dressings. They taste great and are zero calories. However, I gave them up because the sodium count is very high compared to other dressings. I still have some unopened bottles in the pantry.
  • ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The products are pretty hit/miss taste-wise- I LOVE the BBQ sauce for cooking (great to marinade tofu/chicken in) but not as a "raw" condiment. I like the Ranch, Ceasar and Thousand Island dressings too- I find they taste better when applying "less is more". Too much and a difference is definitely noticeable and kind of gross.

The marshmallow dip and peanut spread are the most repulsive things I have ever tasted...
  • TiredOfThisShit
    Options
    Chocolate isnt bad. I use it with my milk to make my coffee drink (I have a frappe maker) for a quick 100 calories frappe. Take that Starbucks! :-). The peanut spread was utterly repulsive. Just remember they dont taste like the real deal. Also, they have a store locator on the site, but it can take some searching.
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    Have tried a couple of their products, and I'm not a fan.
    Most recently I purchased a jar of Calorie Free Veggie Ranch Dip.
    While it may be Fat free, sugar free, calorie free, cholesterol Free, carbohydrate free and gluten free, it was also totally
    TASTE FREE! I decided to exercise the 100% guarantee and get my money back from the company, which they're agreed to do.
    It just tastes like a big mixture of chemical flavors............not food........but then again.........I guess it couldn't be free of all those things if there was any actual food in it.
    But.........customer service was excellent about honoring their product guarantee, so why not give it a try if you're curious?
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Have tried a couple of their products, and I'm not a fan.
    Most recently I purchased a jar of Calorie Free Veggie Ranch Dip.
    While it may be Fat free, sugar free, calorie free, cholesterol Free, carbohydrate free and gluten free, it was also totally
    TASTE FREE! I decided to exercise the 100% guarantee and get my money back from the company, which they're agreed to do.
    It just tastes like a big mixture of chemical flavors............not food........but then again.........I guess it couldn't be free of all those things if there was any actual food in it.
    But.........customer service was excellent about honoring their product guarantee, so why not give it a try if you're curious?

Thanks, I will have to try it then.

Also thanks to those who replied about the Peanut Spread I was actually thinking about that seeings how I LOVE PB but definately won't even bother now.
  • mrsmontellano
    mrsmontellano Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use their Balsamic Vinaigrette. It's delicious! Perfect for a lunch salad.
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    We just found their products at Shop Rite. We bought Creamy Bacon dressing and it was good... Might try something else next time we are in store. I kep the money back guarantee tag attached to product just in case.
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    fitnhealthyccthatsme Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who has used the dressings and she advised to try the Ranch if I wanted to test any of the products. She wasn't pleased with any of the other flavors so I got Ranch. I tried it tonight as a veggie dip with some celery sticks. It's different, but I will keep it to a minimum since the sodium is fairly high. It was okay (definitely not great or wonderful), but if you need something with ZERO calories... the dressing is the thing to try. I found Walden Farm products at Drug Emporium in Little Rock, AR. I don't know if the store is a national chain.
  • nschutt
    nschutt Posts: 2
    Options
    I know this is an old topic but I've tried the peanut butter and like it the best of all their products. It reminds me of when, as a kid, I mixed creamy peanut butter with pancake syrup to make a spread. The flavor and mouth feel trade off when on a strict diet like hcg is worth it to be able to eat something fairly tasty with my apples.

The pancake syrup is pretty good, too. I haven't found a salad dressing that I like very much but I use them just to break the monotony.