5"6 - 5"7 girls: weight & pant sizes

Options
Hi Ladies, was wondering at approximately what weight would you reach a size 4 or 5 jeans? Thanks :)

Replies

• bethmiller3377
    bethmiller3377 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is a great question! I'd love to know that myself. :-) I'm 5'5 " and currently in a size 10/12, depends on the jeans. I have always envied those tiny folks...lol ;-) I have to say...I honestly think it's all in how you're built...I could weight 100 pounds and my hips STILL wouldn't fit in a size 2, like my best friend wears, so I dunno..it's hard to go by clothing sizes. :-) But great question! I'm curious too! :-)
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm curious too. I am 194.5 and am right between 14 and 16 (depending on the brand.) curious to hear from others closer to their goal weights.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Don't know, never been there! But I was in a 14 at 180, so maybe 130? I'd love to find out, personallyl! LOL (and as always, weight can vary based on how much muscle you have vs. flubber)
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is different, but I'm 5'5.5" (yes, the half inch counts =D) and at 148 right now.. and I wear anywhere from a 7 to a 9.. and a size 29 in the other types of jeans that don't go off traditional sizes. I'm pretty sure I could fit well into a women's 5 or 6, cause the 7-9 is juniors. It all depends on the brand, material, etc.
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ahhh yes..I was just thinking about this. I am 5'5 and 136 pounds. In juniors I wear a 7/9...in womens a 6/8. HOWEVER all the women I work with thinki look like a size 2...and they cannot believe I wear the larger sizes...I had to show them the tag in my pants! So...I really dont know!! When i was 125 pounds last summer I was in a size 5 juniors.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    check out my mybodygallery.com it's exactly what you want
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6", weigh 142.5 and wear a size 9, which is loose on me. I could probably do a 7 (maybe with a muffin top, lol). I think the range is one size for every 10 pounds or so.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i imagine a US size 4 / UK size 6 would weigh 95ish pounds..
    because when i was 109 pounds i was a UK size 8 / US size 6..
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    I'm 5'6" 191 and comfortably in a size 12. I can't imagine myself fitting into anything smaller than an 8 at a healthy weight though :/

It probably depends on body type as well, some people may have longer legs, smaller hips, bigger bums etc.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Well Im at 5'3 and I wore a size 15 when I was around 180...now Im down to 141 and wear anywhere from a 6-8. It does depend if you have wider hips, thighs, etc. My lower half has always been bigger.
  • eericson51
    eericson51 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: I'm 5'8" and at my lowest weight (about 140) I was in a size 6...oh those were the days!
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Different brands run in different sizes, too...

I am 5'9 1'2" tall and 132-135 lbs. (It varies, depending upon the day!) I know that's not the same as the height you were referring to, but hopefully I can help anyway....I'm a size 8 in Lululemon pants, I'm a 28 (equivalent to a size 10) in Silver Jeans, and yet I'm a size 6 in Cleo/Ricki's pants!
  • pittielover23
    Options
    I am almost 5'8", but I will respond anyway ;) I am 208.2lbs right now, and in-between a 12 and 14, depending on the store. I have a LONG torso.

I was a 6 at 147lbs.
  • suzumichan
    suzumichan Posts: 127
    Options
    when my sister was still 5'6 she weight about 120 and was in a size 3/4. She grown a bit now and is 6"1 and weights 135 and wears about a size 6/8 in dress size.
  • jterry03
    jterry03 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Before I had my first child I was a size 4 and weighed 135. I am just under 5 foot 8. Hope that helps.

:)
  • suzumichan
    suzumichan Posts: 127
    Options
    *it posted twice by mistake :(*
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Hmm a very late double post...
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Before children, I wore a 4/6 and was about 120 pounds. i'm 5'7". My goal now is 135, that might be a size 6 for me.
  • ExerciseGeek
    ExerciseGeek Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hey, im 5'8, I am 136lbs, and I fit into a size 10 (UK) jeans :)
  • Last_15
    Last_15 Posts: 129
    Options
    I am 5'7" and when I was in high school I weighed 125 and wore a size 5:noway: It was really an unhealthy weight for me, I used to get sick all the time:sick: and had no curves what so ever:tongue: