weight loss plateau

Options
:wink: Help i think im starting to plateau , Is there any tips anyone can give me to help over come this !!!!!!!

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    as scary as it sounds, up your cals by 300 a day or so..i have to up mine every 2 months just to kep my loss going..sounds bass-ackwards, i know, but it truly does help..best of luck
  • Tabs_A
    Tabs_A Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had to up my calories as well! If you have yourself set to 2lbs/week loss, change it to only 1.5lbs/week. I had to do this to get through both my plateaus.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Increase calories like leomom said. Switch up your exercise routine, or start exercising if you're not already. Weight training and high intensity interval training are great for weight loss. Your body gets bored if it does the same thing all the time.

Also try drinking more water, eating more protein, eat spicy foods, or sometimes any sort of change will help.
  • anume08
    anume08 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the same situation, plateauing sucks!
  • bex481
    bex481 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    To those who suggested upping your calories...do you keep them up? Or just until you break the plateau and then lower them back??
  • atrivedi
    atrivedi Posts: 4
    Options
    How do you increase the calories and for how long do you keep them up?
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    To those who suggested upping your calories...do you keep them up? Or just until you break the plateau and then lower them back??

A lot of times plateaus are caused by peoples metabolisms catching up with them. After you've been losing weight with a reduced calorie intake for a while, your metabolism will eventually slow down. If you've been eating too few calories your body could go into starvation mode.

By increasing your calorie intake you are reminding your body that it is not starving and it can begin burning fat for fuel again. How long should you keep this up for? Do it for as long as it works. You might not see the scale move for another week or two because your body needs to adjust, it might not even work at all. Pretty much you just have to figure out if you're eating too much or too little, and then stick within that magic range. It's all about what works for you.