MEXICAN??!? Scarey or not...?

Options
13»

Replies

• messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I love mexican food as does my husband. I have done several different things when we have gone out. I will bring my own low cal chips/crackers and use those for the salsa, or I will bring veggies of my own and use those for the salsa. I have also brought my own flour tortillas to use for fajitas. We have been regulars at our favorite mexican place for over 18years & they are not bothered at all by my doing any of these things.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Beware the refried beans - they're full of lard
    Substitute charro beans

I love mexican and my fav restaurant makes a wonderful Yucutan cereviche salad it you like that sort of thing.

And you could be a chilihead like me and eat salsa with a spoon! Here in Tx it's counted as a school lunch vegetable
  • khstafford
    khstafford Posts: 19
    Options
    So I did fab! I went, I ordered Rice with Grilled shrimp and Peppers and tons of salas on it! Had maybe 6 or 7 chips, I got there late so everyone had devoured chips so that was fab! The Rice filled me up once I put tons of salsa on it and I ate half my portion!

Yay me! Cal intake was around 450
  • khstafford
    khstafford Posts: 19
    Options
    Beware the refried beans - they're full of lard
    Substitute charro beans

I love mexican and my fav restaurant makes a wonderful Yucutan cereviche salad it you like that sort of thing.

And you could be a chilihead like me and eat salsa with a spoon! Here in Tx it's counted as a school lunch vegetable

HAHAHA!! I love chili and probably could eat salsa with a spoon!
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Scary!

I don't eat pork and they use lard in everything! AND has the nerve to lie about it
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Do you eat out mexican? if so what do you get to be low calorie? How do you not eat the chips and salsa! Im so scared to eat there without engourging on chips and salsa which I eat WAY to much of when its free on the table!

I just exercise first, order something low in cheese and without sour cream, like fajita's. I eat the chips & salsa, I eat the fajitas and I drink the Corona. I go over on calories. I enjoy every minute of it. I make sure I don't do it often.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I make my own low cal veggie burritos at home