It IS Friday, right????

Options
14567810»

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey Mike,

I can appreciate your concern. Honestly, it wasn't the people in the so-called "gutter gang" that started that banana thread. We have refrained and behaved...and just came on with this Friday thread to have some light-hearted fun.

I'm not sure who it was that started that thread but I don't think they intended it as racy either. I think it started as asking whether we weighed it with or without the skin. That is the part I saw. I don't know if it went to a different place after that.

Thanks!
    Tami
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    she is on something!!!!
    Okay...this one kinda scares me.....:noway:

Tink_mod_dance_GIF.gif

Is she on crack?

:embarassed:

can I say crack?

You can say crack you just can't show it. :wink:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I believe it was just a thread about banana's. Nothing I posted was about anything other than the topic, and the usual goofing around with the GG. Any inference of sexual content on anything I posted is in the mind of the reader. Seriously. I think I'm done here for awhile...

ps - I went back and re-read your post, above. Mike, you are way off base and reading into it now. So much for not over-moderating.

Well, it started off as a question...and seriously...my stomach hurts thinking someone thought the other thread was anything more. It was NOT my intention...It was to ask about weighing with or without the peal, and then silly dancing banana photos. I'm so sorry.:cry: I can honestly say, I keep my posts extremely clean and respectful.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Well I wondered what happened to the banana thread. Holy cow, I'm a Christian and I wasn't offended by it! I don't know what happend. I think I'm about done with this too. :frown:
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I believe it was just a thread about banana's. Nothing I posted was about anything other than the topic, and the usual goofing around with the GG. Any inference of sexual content on anything I posted is in the mind of the reader. Seriously. I think I'm done here for awhile...

ps - I went back and re-read your post, above. Mike, you are way off base and reading into it now. So much for not over-moderating.

Emdicio - if I'm wrong, then I sincerely apologize. And honestly, I would be very happy if I was wrong. But I just am somewhat frustrated at how this whole situation has gone. Any help all of you can provide me in just ending all this drama would be greatly appreciated.
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Emdicio - if I'm wrong, then I sincerely apologize. And honestly, I would be very happy if I was wrong. But I just am somewhat frustrated at how this whole situation has gone. Any help all of you can provide me in just ending all this drama would be greatly appreciated.

I'll help - I'm deleting my account. No hard feelings towards you but this is twice in 2 weeks where threads that DID NOT VIOLATE the stated rules were suppressed for no good reason, either by you or by unwelcoming comments by others. Best wishes......Mike
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I know for a fact this post was started to be light-hearted and just add some fun to the general board without going overboard. Trust me, we want the drama to end as well and we thought it had with your post the other day about the PG-13 threads. Unfortunately, today there has been some other posts made by others continuing the drama. Let's hope all of that ends soon.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Well I wondered what happened to the banana thread. Holy cow, I'm a Christian and I wasn't offended by it! I don't know what happend. I think I'm about done with this too. :frown:

Don't leave momma, we've had enough good people jump ship lately. :flowerforyou:

I'm sure Mike gets a lot of PM's from both camps preaching to him what is acceptable for this site. I'd be at the end of my rope too.

Let's all make a conscience effort next week to police ourselves & leave Mike out of it. Like he said, he's not our babysitter. :smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

I was in it....and didn't know it was racey... a question was asked...we kept the thread going and had fun with it, I didn't see anything that wasn't innocent...did I miss something????? I really understand why the thread was removed. ...........sigh:cry: 3 weeks here and wow, so much has gone on...and hm, pretty confused as to what we can even post now on threads. Humor is a very healthy things, I realize we all have different brands of humor BUT....I didn't think what we posted on that thread was out of hand... did I miss something in the middle, the end, or someplace?

Really would like some input on this Mike or anyone.... I had gont for a long workout and came back did lunch and jumped on here and just was silly with some MFP members and ......well, don't know what happened....cause I hadn't realized anything had. :sad:

So what was in the post????????????? That was reported or why it was pulled??
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options

Mike - I don't think this is us creating the "drama".... ALL of the comments on this thread were nothing but lighthearted humor. For example "dead banana" = FUNNY PUN. Friday night is usually date night in the single life and we are here, so shavelegs.gif is a FUNNY thought.

I don't know about your banana thread (went to see but gone now), but, iIf you or someone else are offended, NEVER would anyone who has posted on this particular Friday night topic intend that. If they are offended, they are reading more into it than they should or they are not on the same level of quick humor - their minds went somewhere it shouldn't - NOT OURS. I'm appalled! This is nothing more than the over-moderating that was not going to happen. I think I am done referring people here.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    ack.....a typo... I didnot mean to say 'I understand why it was pulled'.... my intent was to say I DON'T understand...........

I was in it....and didn't know it was racey... a question was asked...we kept the thread going and had fun with it, I didn't see anything that wasn't innocent...did I miss something????? I really understand why the thread was removed. ...........sigh:cry: 3 weeks here and wow, so much has gone on...and hm, pretty confused as to what we can even post now on threads. Humor is a very healthy things, I realize we all have different brands of humor BUT....I didn't think what we posted on that thread was out of hand... did I miss something in the middle, the end, or someplace?

Really would like some input on this Mike or anyone.... I had gont for a long workout and came back did lunch and jumped on here and just was silly with some MFP members and ......well, don't know what happened....cause I hadn't realized anything had. :sad:

So what was in the post????????????? That was reported or why it was pulled??
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    she is on something!!!!
    Okay...this one kinda scares me.....:noway:

Tink_mod_dance_GIF.gif

Is she on crack?

:embarassed:

can I say crack?

You can say crack you just can't show it. :wink:

hm.....innocent lil me....I thought this post meant don't pull out the crack (as in crack! aka coke) .....sheesh, maybe I'm to innocent for my own good...... I too am deciding whether to stay or go... I don't know what I can be apart of or not be apart of safely anymore:cry:
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    If any of you decide to leave, I'll be very sad to see you go. You're a valuable part of the community. You and the other members make the site what it is.

But, that having been said, I'm not going to change the way I'm moderating the forums. I want the forums to remain a true PG-13. If people can't accept that, then it probably is better to go somewhere else. But PG-13 just seems like a very reasonable level to expect, especially for a diet and fitness site.

I hope you all decide to stay, as you'll be missed. I'm locking this topic, but feel free to message me if you wish.
This discussion has been closed.