Just a Taste?

bostongirl987
bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I always tell myself I'll have "just a taste" of something. NO MORE! One spoonful of something delicious leads to many more. You know what it tastes like and you know its good. Tasting is just teasing yourself, and you end up eating way more than you intended! Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• bostongirl987
    I always tell myself I'll have "just a taste" of something. NO MORE! One spoonful of something delicious leads to many more. You know what it tastes like and you know its good. Tasting is just teasing yourself, and you end up eating way more than you intended! Does anyone else have this problem?
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Sounds like my life story. I love to have just a taste of ice cream, of cookie dough, of frosting, of a piece of cake, of a candy bar....it's always the sweets that get me. And then when Isee that "just a taste" is a huge amount of calories...the guilt kicks in. It's a viscous cycle.
  • bostongirl987
    Same! It is always sweets and I can't stop myself. When I add up the tastes the are a LOT of calories!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    If I am cooking something "bad" for my kids, I won't even lick my fingers-I was them off.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Just a taste. Ha, there is no such thing.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    I know what you all mean. I just ate 7 ounces of fudge because I was feeling down. I'm still under my calorie count for the day even counting what I'm going to have for dinner but I can't have my wine tonight :sad:

I just get even more upset with myself when I do this and struggle mentally during the eating process but can't get myself to stop. This is the 2nd time since the first of the year that's happened to me and I just get so upset with myself and really tighten up on myself afterward.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Just a taste. Ha, there is no such thing.

You've got THAT right!! LOL
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    I know what you all mean. I just ate 7 ounces of fudge because I was feeling down. I'm still under my calorie count for the day even counting what I'm going to have for dinner but I can't have my wine tonight :sad:

I just get even more upset with myself when I do this and struggle mentally during the eating process but can't get myself to stop. This is the 2nd time since the first of the year that's happened to me and I just get so upset with myself and really tighten up on myself afterward.

don't beat yourself up. 2nd time this year isn't bad. I have it happen at least once a month. Okay like today I was in the gas station (no I didn't get a snickerdoodle) and I got this chicken wrap thing. It isn't a good for you wrap, I got it in the gas station. And I was munching away on it and was feeling horrible about it and I stopped on my car and tossed the uneaten part away and then spit what was in my mouth out. I knew if I at it I would just feel bad the rest of the day. Especially since I had tootsi rolls for my morning snack
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Don't beat yourself up...Just make a plan of attack for next time! :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.