Frustrated

Options
Hey there...ok, so I have been reading so many topics and have gotten some ideas out of it for my situation, but I am going to put it out there for "me" and see what happens.

I am a 28 year old mother of two beautiful daughters and have been married 10 years now.

I have been REALLY watching what I have been putting into my mouth for the last 3 weeks and worked hard on eating at least 3 meals a day (something that I was TERRIBLE about in the past). I am exercising now (again, something I haven't really done much of through the years) I have been doing that for over a month now as well. I go AT LEAST 3-4x doing 45 mins of cardio alone. I also have been doing strength training.

Now...where it gets complicated:

I have TMJ (so I can't chew a lot of hard things), I also have had several (8 to be exact) female surgeries, one of which resulted in hysterectomy at 23. Because of that, I have VERY LITTLE core muscles. So I have been working really hard on strengthening those as well...

So my problem....I have been burning calories (usually between 300-600 depending) and have a calorie allowance of 1490 without exercise. Most days I have a hard time hitting the calories without having to have an evening snack.

I can't stomach protein shakes, I don't like greek yogurt unless it is mixed in a "smoothie", and I can't eat a lot of nuts for protein. I have been working hard and haven't seem but a 4lb weight loss. I cook healthy most of the time, eat many veggies, rarely drink calories either. I am just puzzeled at how I am not loosing weight. I am drinking the water as well that I am suppose to...

If anyone out there has suggestions please let me know. I am confussed about the eating the "work out calories" because I have seen mixed reviews on that. I don't want to put my body in "stravation" but I also feel like I am working my butt off for nothing (because my butt isn't going anywhere ;) )

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Jen