New Friends

issabishie
issabishie Posts: 28
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm a 36 year old woman and have been using MFP since April. I would love to connect to like minded people on here to swap encouragement and chat.
I've been overweight to some degree most of my adult life (with wild fluctuations) and have tried everything going, diet pills from my GP, the lot, and it has all failed miserably.
In early 2010 I developed rapid onset of severe rheumatoid arthritis and went from being able to work, ride my horse, walk my dogs and look after my kids to being virtually unable even to dress myself. Thankfully medication is helping and I have some degree of mobility back, I can do seated aerobics and go swimming, although I haven't been able to get back on my horse yet, but that's something I'm looking forward to very soon. I've even been able to start working again, although my capabilities are limited.
Due to 18 months of near immobility and comfort eating my weight has ballooned and now I'm on the move again I need to shift the weight to give my joints the best possible scenario.... that and I'd quite like to live beyond 50!!
This site has been a godsend, I can't believe after everything I've tried the answer is something as straightforward as this. It's marvellous!

Replies

• TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Like you I have tried diets, pills, you name it... They work for the time being and than I gain it all plus a little more each time. I absolutely love MFP... its the best. I wish you all the best on your journey. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.