Depression

Options
Do any of you suffer from depression? Have any of you found any foods or vitamins that help? I am already on medication and it does work but I find the week before my period to be a time that I have the most difficulty. In an attempt to prevent an increase in my medication I am wondering if there are any alternatives that people have tried or heard about. I do find that working out helps and I do it regularly but anything else??

Replies

• JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I used to be super depressed but now that you posted this I realized my depression has gone away since I started to lose weight!
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I've suffered from depression for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, some of it is chemical imbalances and something that is beyond the control of my environment. If I take a back seat and look at my life, I have no reason to be depressed. I have a great job, great significant other, I'm active & healthy, great friends, etc...but inside their is a feeling of incompleteness and lack of enthusiasm for life....

I am on medicaton but it doesn't take care of the situtation 100%. I have to remind myself and do positive affirmations to realize I shouldn't be depressed. . I do notice though, eating better (no processed foods) and taking my multivitamins has a huge impact (positive) on the way I feel. Exercising everyday also makes the depression less..,.Good luck with you and feel free to add me for support!