A Great Run

Options
Ok ok I know this isn't a very big deal but for me it is! Today I ran my first 2 miles straight! I have never done that before in my life and I am so happy that I finally did it! Before I couldn't even run 200 meters without stopping. So this week I decided to start running with one of my friends and she really motivated me to keep going and push myself beyond my limit. :smile: So thank you JenJab90 for being my running partner!

Replies

• joodles0290
    Options
    Ok ok I know this isn't a very big deal but for me it is! Today I ran my first 2 miles straight! I have never done that before in my life and I am so happy that I finally did it! Before I couldn't even run 200 meters without stopping. So this week I decided to start running with one of my friends and she really motivated me to keep going and push myself beyond my limit. :smile: So thank you JenJab90 for being my running partner!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Congratulations!

I realize you're not talking about 1 but two miles that's terrific.

I remember when I quit smoking and took up running to compensate for the need to suck air and holy crap was I sucking air! I remember the success I felt in completing just one mile and eventually that worked its way to triathalons, ironman and other fun run types of challenges.

Way to go and keep it up!!!!!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Great job girl!!

What a goal you accomplished!
  • dantheman777
    Options
    Excellent start, you'll be joining in your local 5 K's in no time!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I can run two miles in my car and not get out of breath. But I just don't feel the burn.

Keep up the good work. I will pay off.:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    That is so awsome. :drinker: :drinker:

After I was done I would have a lot of rest in the ambulance!! :sick:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hokay you rock! THAT is fantabulous! YEY YOU!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Ya know, having a banana prior to running will help boost your energy before running. :wink:
  • lesliedionne
    Options
    that's more then i can do...

holy moly!!

congrats! thats GREAT!!

:flowerforyou:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    greatjob.gif
  • lowsam
    Options
    Good for You!!! I love the feeling just after you get home from an awesome jog!! Keep it up!:smile:
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    CONGRATS:wink: THATS GREAT. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!