C25K or any running Before & After piccies

Options

Replies

• MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the C25K program right now and it's a struggle for me every time, but I feel great afterwards!

And I'm already seeing a difference in my butt on week 3 :-)
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the only exercise that I have been doing since starting MFP last year is running. First pic is from my first 5K at the beginning of October 2010. I was just under 200 lbs at the time.

October2010-1st5K.jpg

Second pic is from last week just before heading out of my apartment to complete my 6th 5K. Current weight is 180 lbs (wish it was less, but still working on that!)

May2011-6th5K.jpg

Best of luck to you!!!
    This is awesome though!
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    All my friends that have stared running have lost so much weight. I have just started to run its so hard to push your self, but like Megan said it feels great afterwards.
    481471 Posts: 95
    Options
    The stories and piccies are amazing people! Congrats to yourselves and most of all thanks, cos its really inspiring me to get going!

I run in the evenings after work and before dinner, it stops me snacking as well! Im trying hard on the diet thing as well, as I noticed someone else here mentioned that nothing really happened until he started dieting (great pics!)

And also I am looking forward to weeks 4 and 5, where I have noticed some people saying they have seen improvements!! I cant wait!! Im going to stick at it every other day too!!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    My success was a combination of diet and running, mostly diet. I started and finished C25K without the diet part and didn't see any results.

The picture on the left is 6 or 7 weeks into C25K and a couple weeks BEFORE I started MFP. That was September 18, 2010. On the right is 7 months after running, a few races and MFP. That was April 30, 2011.

runbeforeafter.jpg

http://www.ShawnDoesLife.com

Utterly Fantastic!!!!
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    22dqu0.jpg

The before pictures were taken at the beginning of the year. I finished the C25k in May, I carry a lot of my weight around the butt area lol and i definitely think the C25k programme has helped me a lot. Im currently doing the bridge to 10k programme and I can not believe how much i love running.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    So, im on the C25K thingy, and im rather sceptical about whether i will loose weight running.
    I trying to fit other things in, but im not committing myself to anything else but the c25k.

Does anyone have any before or after from c25k, or any from before and after starting jogging? Just to inspire me that its not just about getting all hot and sweaty, but that I WILL see results!? Thanks in advance :)

I've only just finished Week 3 of C25K -- and I KNOW that my core and quads/hamis are tighter/firmer (and I have crazy calf cramps all the time), even though the scale isn't showing it yet. My advice would be to make sure to push yourself (break the rules and do it 4 days a week) or add an extra interval or two if you aren't tired by the end.

We have a great C25K support group going...search the forums for C25k...start today? Join in!
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't have pictures, but I def saw results and for most of my C25k training, that was the only workout I was doing. I promise you, you will def see results!!!!! I recommend signing up for a 5k around the time you will end c25k!
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I don't have photos but I have lost 13 lbs since the end of April. I am doing the c25K and working out at Curves. My husband runs marathons and since he's upped his running again (winter is over and prepping for a race in September) he's dropped the 15 lbs he gained over the winter in just under 12 weeks. However he runs on average 25 to 30 miles a week.
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Here are my results from running. I couldn't run more than 3 min when I first started. Now I am running 15-25 miles a week!!!

Beforeafter.jpg

WOW! You look fabulous! I can't even imagine putting on a swimsuit without shorts over it. You have totally motivated me. Thanks for sharing your before & after pics!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    22dqu0.jpg

The before pictures were taken at the beginning of the year. I finished the C25k in May, I carry a lot of my weight around the butt area lol and i definitely think the C25k programme has helped me a lot. Im currently doing the bridge to 10k programme and I can not believe how much i love running.

You are doing great! Keep up the great work!
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I don't want to post my before and after pictures till I have lost 20 pounds (half way to my goal of losing 40 pounds all together). But I just finished the 4th week of C25K... and I can tell you. My cardio is getting better, it's a slow process. I can run 5 minutes straight and next week I get to find out if I can actually run 20 minutes straight, but I feel confident enough in myself to actually wear shorts around because running has toned out my legs much more than I thought it would. 15 pounds lost so far and I have much more calf muscle, my thighs aren't as huge and cellulite like (almost all of it gone!!!) and my butt is getting firm!!! WOOH!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You all look great. I just finished week 1 of c25k. Hoping for some weightloss from it. Also doing 30 day shred, again!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Just want to say well done to everyone. It is nice to hear it is worth it while you are doing the program.
    I am just about to go onto week 2 and hearing all these stories will push me to keep going.

Thank You :smile:
  • kunmingmom
    kunmingmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Don't have pictures but running has helped me drop 20 of the 30 I needed to lose. Working on the last 10 by more running and strength training!! Running is one of THE best ways to get the weight off!!
    Love me some endorphins!! :love:
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Before and After:
    ba2-2.jpg
    ba1-2.jpg

I did the couch to 5k 2 years ago, in the beginning of my get fit lifestyle, and it's still my favorite way to exercise. Just started training for my second half marathon!

Oh and here I am after completing my first half marathon last year, it has helped me a ton in weight loss and toning my body!
    DSC_5744a.jpg
  • jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump
    481471 Posts: 95
    Options
    Before and After:
    ba2-2.jpg
    ba1-2.jpg

I did the couch to 5k 2 years ago, in the beginning of my get fit lifestyle, and it's still my favorite way to exercise. Just started training for my second half marathon!

Oh and here I am after completing my first half marathon last year, it has helped me a ton in weight loss and toning my body!
    DSC_5744a.jpg

Wow you look great!! Loving what running has done to so many people!!
  • Palache
    Palache Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I was the same way. Now I really like the summer time! LOL
    Here are my results from running. I couldn't run more than 3 min when I first started. Now I am running 15-25 miles a week!!!

Beforeafter.jpg

WOW! You look fabulous! I can't even imagine putting on a swimsuit without shorts over it. You have totally motivated me. Thanks for sharing your before & after pics!
  • Palache
    Palache Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Awesome JOB!
    My success was a combination of diet and running, mostly diet. I started and finished C25K without the diet part and didn't see any results.

The picture on the left is 6 or 7 weeks into C25K and a couple weeks BEFORE I started MFP. That was September 18, 2010. On the right is 7 months after running, a few races and MFP. That was April 30, 2011.

runbeforeafter.jpg

http://www.ShawnDoesLife.com
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!