New-9/17 start

kleesmith
kleesmith Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Kat, an army wife living out in "sunny" WA state.

I have always been athlete- showing horses, playing soccer, running and enjoyed lots of outdoor activities. But after playing college soccer, I had a couple injuries that took some down time to heal and gained about 15 lbs. Then, I got married and started my massage therapy practice and gained 10 more. Then, last year, my Dr asked me try the Depo shot and it seriously suppressed my thyroid. So, on top of feeling like crap, I gained 50 lbs in three months, topping out at 198.

I had the last shot one year ago this month. And I'm only down to 188. Despite abnormal thyroid, my drs are insisting that I don't need meds. Oh well.

So, I'm changing drs. :) And trying to do everything else as well as I can so they can't tell me I just need to exercise a little more.

I love the layout and easy to use functions of this site!

Replies

• I'm Kat, an army wife living out in "sunny" WA state.

I have always been athlete- showing horses, playing soccer, running and enjoyed lots of outdoor activities. But after playing college soccer, I had a couple injuries that took some down time to heal and gained about 15 lbs. Then, I got married and started my massage therapy practice and gained 10 more. Then, last year, my Dr asked me try the Depo shot and it seriously suppressed my thyroid. So, on top of feeling like crap, I gained 50 lbs in three months, topping out at 198.

I had the last shot one year ago this month. And I'm only down to 188. Despite abnormal thyroid, my drs are insisting that I don't need meds. Oh well.

So, I'm changing drs. :) And trying to do everything else as well as I can so they can't tell me I just need to exercise a little more.

I love the layout and easy to use functions of this site!
  • Hey Kat,

I'm in Sunny WA too!! :) Live north of Seattle. :) How tall are you?? My highest weight was 198 as well...that was when I was 2 days away from having my baby....SUPER SAD NEWS!!!! I'm 192 now...NO BABY IS COMING. :cry: :grumble:

But anyhow...you will find a great group of people...join a group, they keep you super accountable. :)

Welcome to MFP!!!

Cassidy
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Welcome to MFP.:flowerforyou:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    HI there!!! You will love it here! :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Howdy:bigsmile:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Hi Kat! I'm from WA state to - the east side (close to Spokane).... Welcome to MFP!
  • Gator4RTR
    Gator4RTR Posts: 119 Member
    I'm Kat, an army wife living out in "sunny" WA state.

Hehehe...she said sunny! :laugh: :laugh:

I am a former Seattle resident...I know the truth! :tongue:

btw...Welcome to MFP!!:flowerforyou:
  • HI there! Oklahoma here. im new thought i would say hi!
This discussion has been closed.