Bourdior Photo shoot?

Options
I am interested in having a bourdior photo shoot but I have questions about it. If you have had one or know how the whole "process" works I would appreciate your insight.

Do you take your own lingerie?
Do you take your own props? (like shoes or jewelry)
How do you pick a photographer?
What was the best thing about the experience?
Did you do the photo shoot for yourself or a significant other?

Just haven't taken the time to look into it with detail and I know that MFP will provide good feedback.... :bigsmile:

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I think you should use your profile pic hehe super hot!! No but seriously my friend is a photographer and she does bourdior photos, you usually take your own lingerie, jewelry and shoes, they provide the background and some other props. Some will come to you as well. But this is really dependent on the photographer.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I write this with concern and kindness, because I worked as a Director of Human Resources and Legal services, including sexual harassment for many many years . . . and because I am a mother.

Prior to doing this, commit now to NEVER running for public office, including school board, never applying for a job where your boss and/or co-workers/clients will alter their opinion of you because of it (i.e., most jobs), and never becoming someone's mother.

Consider seriously, because there will be a record of this in someone else's control.

blessings.
  • Dahlface13
    Dahlface13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing some boudoir pics for my guy at some point so I've done a little research on it.

Generally it seems that you take your own lingerie (and really, don't wanna be wearing used undies....*shiver*)
    Some places provide some general things but if you are looking for something specific (items special to you or your man, items specifically matched to your ensemble, etc) you'll probably need to take your own.
    You can find reviews of lots of photogs, go through their portfolio, and of course just talk to them. If you don't feel comfortable chatting with them with all your clothes on, chances are you'll feel even more awkward in your skivies.
    I hear many women say they leave the shoot feeling more empowered and sexy than they have before, definitely a bonus!

Try google searching in your area or looking through vendors and recommended companies in your area on wedding websites.

Rock those sexy pics!
  • westo22
    westo22 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I write this with concern and kindness, because I worked as a Director of Human Resources and Legal services, including sexual harassment for many many years . . . and because I am a mother.

Prior to doing this, commit now to NEVER running for public office, including school board, never applying for a job where your boss and/or co-workers/clients will alter their opinion of you because of it (i.e., most jobs), and never becoming someone's mother.

Consider seriously, because there will be a record of this in someone else's control.

blessings.

I agree with everything you said about the professional aspect but what does having some photos taken have to do with being a mother?

"and never becoming someone's mother."

Crawl out of your hole and enjoy some air
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything you said about the professional aspect but what does having some photos taken have to do with being a mother?
    I'm going to assume that the "becoming someone's mother" comment refers to the risk that your children could possibly stumble upon the pics. Depending on how racy they are, that could be pretty embarrassing. How likely is it to occur? Probably pretty slim.
    Crawl out of your hole and enjoy some air
    Stay classy, Champ. The lady's comments were only meant as a word of advice to the original post.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options

blessings.

Thats really nice of you to say, I hadn't even thought of it
  • lovenhope00
    Options
    I have an album on my myspace - though my important parts are covered, it is deifnitely sexy and lingerie filled. I am a mother of 2 and currently hold a position on my child's pta as well as hold a position in the board of the local library. I am also employed in a mangerial position in a mostly male workplace. My older daughter is eleven and she and her friends have seen them and her friends just comment on how her mom is hot. I think just like tattoos and piercings everything becomes more acceptable and "norm" as time goes on. I did most myself. I think you should take in to consideration your safety and not have a stranger do them. You should talk to your freinds or people at work. I guarantee a lot more people have tried something like it than you think. But then you would have to worry less about them being a sexual predator. :)
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

blessings.

Thanks for your insight. I already have ruled out the political career and I do have a child, but I will have to consider how it may affect him.
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    I plan on doing some boudoir pics for my guy at some point so I've done a little research on it.

Generally it seems that you take your own lingerie (and really, don't wanna be wearing used undies....*shiver*)
    Some places provide some general things but if you are looking for something specific (items special to you or your man, items specifically matched to your ensemble, etc) you'll probably need to take your own.
    You can find reviews of lots of photogs, go through their portfolio, and of course just talk to them. If you don't feel comfortable chatting with them with all your clothes on, chances are you'll feel even more awkward in your skivies.
    I hear many women say they leave the shoot feeling more empowered and sexy than they have before, definitely a bonus!

Try google searching in your area or looking through vendors and recommended companies in your area on wedding websites.

Rock those sexy pics!

Thanks for all the helpful insight... you did my "dirty" work!?
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    I have an album on my myspace - though my important parts are covered, it is deifnitely sexy and lingerie filled. I am a mother of 2 and currently hold a position on my child's pta as well as hold a position in the board of the local library. I am also employed in a mangerial position in a mostly male workplace. My older daughter is eleven and she and her friends have seen them and her friends just comment on how her mom is hot. I think just like tattoos and piercings everything becomes more acceptable and "norm" as time goes on. I did most myself. I think you should take in to consideration your safety and not have a stranger do them. You should talk to your freinds or people at work. I guarantee a lot more people have tried something like it than you think. But then you would have to worry less about them being a sexual predator. :)

Again thanks... I will really consider how to handle that with my son, that may be different than a daughter. But I plan on staying covered in the important parts area. It may be the "norm" and more acceptable as time goes on. I know that it has already. :wink:
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    sorry you felt it necessary to be rude. I do not live in a hole.

It has a lot to do with being a parent, because your actions affect your children. If you don't believe this, ask a kid who's been bullied because of something their parents did.

also, someday you might change your opinion about what is appropriate. Especially with regards to your own children and how you may wish to advise them.
  • SouthernAngel
    Options
    While I can understand that everyone has opinions on particular topics, I think I need to make something clear that was too quickly assumed...

Just because sexy photos are taken does not mean they have to be posted for the world to see. If you choose your photographer carefully, and avoid posting the pictures online, there is little to no risk of them being discovered against your will. There is a risk, but it is slim.

Taking private photos to show yourself what you have done and boost your confidence have nothing to do with being a mother/father. Is it inappropriate to have sex in the house with the chance that our children might see it and be embarassed? Or should I not kiss my husband at the park as my children might have their friends see and made fun of? No. Life is real. It isn't scripted. We can't shelter or hide our children from being themselves and proud of their bodies. If the pictures are discovered, have a healthy and truthful conversation with your children. It is a mature and ADULT decision, and I am SUPER proud of you for being brave enough to consider it Carriebear!!

Good for you, and I am sure you will be just as good of mom with OR without the photos ;)
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    While I can understand that everyone has opinions on particular topics, I think I need to make something clear that was too quickly assumed...

Just because sexy photos are taken does not mean they have to be posted for the world to see. If you choose your photographer carefully, and avoid posting the pictures online, there is little to no risk of them being discovered against your will. There is a risk, but it is slim.

Taking private photos to show yourself what you have done and boost your confidence have nothing to do with being a mother/father. Is it inappropriate to have sex in the house with the chance that our children might see it and be embarassed? Or should I not kiss my husband at the park as my children might have their friends see and made fun of? No. Life is real. It isn't scripted. We can't shelter or hide our children from being themselves and proud of their bodies. If the pictures are discovered, have a healthy and truthful conversation with your children. It is a mature and ADULT decision, and I am SUPER proud of you for being brave enough to consider it Carriebear!!

Good for you, and I am sure you will be just as good of mom with OR without the photos ;)

Just suggesting that someone else will have control of the photos (photographer, others who may have access to the photographer's photos, someone you may give them to now, and wish you hadn't later). Just be careful. Don't accidentally post to twitter like Congressman Wiener . . . . :)
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Congressman Weiner didnt do it accidently incase you missed the latest news on it....

So that being said. And all the negativity aside that has started on this.

I have budoir style photos, a few on here (because they were my inspiration to start) and an album on my facebook account (which my parents are on! *gasp*) I have a son (given only 2 but still)

I have a friend who is a photographer. We met at my first "sexy" photo shoot and became great friends! These photo shoots really can make you feel amazingly sexy. She keeps some lingerie (night gowns/corsets/baby dolls) NO PANTIES because she has run into clients who dont have any lingerie. She keeps an array of shoes. And loads of props (she has done some major boudoir events so I helped with choosing props ect.) SHe is a christian and much more conservative then me. SHe has used hotel rooms, back drops, the clients own bedroom. Her philosophy with these style shoots is they should be classy not raunchy, She will do nudes but always very tasteful (and typically there is some type of prop covering certain areas even if its bathwater obscurring) she sanitizes everything incredibly well.

She has publishing rights on my pictures because I helped her build her portfolios and honestly helped women pose and choose outfits during some events (obviously Im not shy!) and now she has examples of How to eat a strawberry sexy lol. She also lives in a large military area so we had to get an array of props and styles. And despite my weight I always get compliments on the tastefullness of my "sexy" lingerie shoots.

Unfortunantly she is also in CO and I moved away :(

I have seen advertisements for a photography company in Phoenix that specializes in nothing but this style of photo shoots, they keep lingerie, an on staff make-up artist, and you are in a section of the building with pretty much only the photographer and maybe an assistant.

I agree in saying that you do need to choose a photographer carefully, I would choose someone with experience in these types of shoots, and has a disclosure you sign as to how the pictures can and cannot be used/stored/printed.

I would also focus on a theme for your shoot since hair and make-up is usually a one-shot deal. Always take your own things even if the photographer offers a selections A) you know what fits your body B) your guy will find it sexier to see things on you that are in the pics C) you never know what you may or may not use!

Most of all remember its fun! Show your confidence! Because believe me if you dont FEEL sexy while doing it, it comes across in the pictures.
  • tproctor
    tproctor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My wife and I own a photography business and have done several boudoir shoots. It is a great confidence booster AND a wonderful gift for your husband or boyfriend.