Running NSV

Options
Since joining MFP in January, my exercise has consisted of walks during lunch, and that's about it. I've been averaging 4-5 walks a week, for 35-45 minutes each time. Yesterday (Monday), I walked my normal fast pace for 45 minutes and realized, I didn't feel like I worked out at all.

So this morning, getting up at 6am, I changed it up and jogged for the first time since trying to jog in March (didn't work), and since really my college days.

Out of the 2 miles I covered in 30 minutes, I believe I jogged about 1.1 miles, and walked the other mile. Funny thing, my endurance has really improved, to a point where I only needed a few minutes of walking to get my breath back, and start jogging again. Of course, a turtle lapped me (I'm sure), and I gave all of the neighbors a good laugh, but it's a start, and I'm proud of it. I'm hoping to jog at least a couple of times a week now, instead of walking.

Thanks MFP for helping me lose 42 pounds so far!!!

Replies

• hbrown555
    hbrown555 Posts: 2
    Options
    Inspiring- I could walk at lunchtimes buti have been really lazy!!
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    Since joining MFP in January, my exercise has consisted of walks during lunch, and that's about it. I've been averaging 4-5 walks a week, for 35-45 minutes each time. Yesterday (Monday), I walked my normal fast pace for 45 minutes and realized, I didn't feel like I worked out at all.

So this morning, getting up at 6am, I changed it up and jogged for the first time since trying to jog in March (didn't work), and since really my college days.

Out of the 2 miles I covered in 30 minutes, I believe I jogged about 1.1 miles, and walked the other mile. Funny thing, my endurance has really improved, to a point where I only needed a few minutes of walking to get my breath back, and start jogging again. Of course, a turtle lapped me (I'm sure), and I gave all of the neighbors a good laugh, but it's a start, and I'm proud of it. I'm hoping to jog at least a couple of times a week now, instead of walking.

Thanks MFP for helping me lose 42 pounds so far!!!
    YAY! I had a similar NSV @ lunch today. A co worker joined me for my "walk" and we JOGGED over half (probably 3/4) of the 2.5 miles!
    great job :):):)
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Cool! it's amazing how much your stamina increases as you become more active. I know mine has since I started.
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    I know the feeling. I started running last week using the C25K program. I have never been a runner, not even back in the day. I'm still considered obese by the BMI scale but I can do it, I can run (or jog). Congrats on your NSV.
  • aarostoc
    aarostoc Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement and congrats. I'm anxious to see how this chapter in my life plays out.
  • vlc1979
    vlc1979 Posts: 227
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is super!!!
  • hill2302
    hill2302 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! It's always awesome when you can surprise yourself with what you can do. Running was mucht eh same way for me. Keep it up. It only gets better!! :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!