Chunky Monkey

Options
arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
So my DH has been upset this week. He finally yelled at me Wed for not having any 'food' in the house. I pointed out there is plenty of food. His response was I NEED MEAT! :explode:

I really LOL :laugh: :laugh: then told him I am the one doing all the cooking, shopping and dishes, so I get to choose the food.

I pointed out his cholesterol is almost 300 and although I love him just the way he is, he could also stand to lose a few pounds. Also, our 22 yr old son who moved back in 3 months ago has lost almost 40 pounds because there is no junk in the house.

Ok-so he calls me today and apologizes. Apparently he was having a Tim Allen moment at work telling his buds what a jerk I am with all my health food crap. One of them pointed out he looks a bit slimmer. Hmmm he says, no way, cuz I have been sneaking in Chunky Monkey 5 nites a week.

He gets on the scale and he has lost 11 pounds (:mad: without even trying!!!!!!!)

So now he is patiently waiting for me to log my cals so he can have his Salmon, Broccoli and Brown rice. LIFE IS GOOD!!! :smooched: :smooched:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    Options
    So my DH has been upset this week. He finally yelled at me Wed for not having any 'food' in the house. I pointed out there is plenty of food. His response was I NEED MEAT! :explode:

I really LOL :laugh: :laugh: then told him I am the one doing all the cooking, shopping and dishes, so I get to choose the food.

I pointed out his cholesterol is almost 300 and although I love him just the way he is, he could also stand to lose a few pounds. Also, our 22 yr old son who moved back in 3 months ago has lost almost 40 pounds because there is no junk in the house.

Ok-so he calls me today and apologizes. Apparently he was having a Tim Allen moment at work telling his buds what a jerk I am with all my health food crap. One of them pointed out he looks a bit slimmer. Hmmm he says, no way, cuz I have been sneaking in Chunky Monkey 5 nites a week.

He gets on the scale and he has lost 11 pounds (:mad: without even trying!!!!!!!)

So now he is patiently waiting for me to log my cals so he can have his Salmon, Broccoli and Brown rice. LIFE IS GOOD!!! :smooched: :smooched:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Congratulations, Way to change the world one subborn husband at a time!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    LOL MEN!

This reminds me of the cartoon commercial about the guy and the girl sitting on the couch with their dog at their feet. The one guy drinks diet sodas and loses 20 pounds in a year, she's been drinking water for the last decade and doesn't lose a pound...she dumps the water into the dog's bowl, and he drinks it and skinies up. LOL

Men can sometimes have it so easy! SHEESH!
  • MarineBugler
    Options
    lucky...:grumble:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Congrats on having such an awesome husband!!

Life will be easier now, I swear it. Once they get bitten by the bug, they're doomed!

:heart:
    M
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options

So, one month into my husband joining my new way of life (healthy, realistic), he is being a jerk, yelling at the kids, pushing things around the dinner table as he plops microscopic servings of this and that on his plate. I watch him weigh a piece of meat three times, cutting off excess trying to reach some magic number in a land were a 6x6x2 piece of steak only weighs 2 ounces. Finally, I say, "You're grumpy because you aren't eating enough. You're grumpy because you feel like you should be allowed to eat more steak." He is on that river in Egypt, you know, DENIAL, and he pouts, "NO." The whole dinner goes by, and he pouts and grumps as he chews. I finally say, "You know, I think you could probably eat 4 ounces of steak and be okay." I looks and me and finally says, "I WAS pissed off that I couldn't eat a bigger piece of steak, but NOW I am pissed off because you COULD HAVE TOLD ME THAT SOONER."

:laugh: :laugh:

I can't win for losing!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    LOL....it is so nice to see other people have the same issues.

:tongue: He is so funny. Tonight he ate all the fruit and hummus before I came home. i didnt DARE say anything cuz...well I love him and he did eat the healthy stuff.

Funny...I made the horrible hummus,didnt have the correct equipment, bought a processor tonight. Anyway he is trying to be good so he says Hey I had some of that dip in the fridge..ya know the green one with the big chunks in it. I asked how he liked it and he said it was ok, i will get better at the new recipes.

I then told him it sucked! We laughed and he said yeh it did!!

So maybe this is the fork in the road (which is better than one in my eye) and he will get on the bandwagon with me :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!