Fun-Sized Women 5'5 and under Stand Up!!

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    God bless all ya shorter women :) I hope to someday find my short soulmate to compliment my tallness :).

LOL all us short guys are going to be trolling this thread for future dates =D.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my 6'1" husband loves it!

I just hit 145 on the scale (my highest ever) so I'm here to work my way down to 120 or perhaps somewhere in the teens. I'd find it interesting to see what weights us shorties are aiming for.

I'm the shortest person I know and I can't tell you how much I loved reading all the comments about how capri pants fit like regular ones, you can't reach into the kitchen cupboards (i have a step stool for that), gained weight shows immediately, etc etc.
    Finally, other people who understand my pain! ;)
  • _Virginia_
    _Virginia_ Posts: 49
    Options
    4'11" Love saying, " Good things come in small packages." :blushing:
  • monstr0sity
    Options
    LOL @ "fun sized"

I'm 5" 2.5' (yes i included that half inch!) the good part is even small amounts of weightloss appear more dramatic. the downside, ANY weight gain is instantly visible!

5"2 aswell and that is SOO true!

This thread comforts me in knowing I'm not alone with the struggle of shortness and weight.
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" - not short, just travel-sized :) My 7 year old is almost as tall as me but she gets it honest - my hubby is 5'11" and I have a brother, cousin and uncle that are all over 6'.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options

I just hit 145 on the scale (my highest ever) so I'm here to work my way down to 120 or perhaps somewhere in the teens. I'd find it interesting to see what weights us shorties are aiming for.

I'm just about the same size. I think 120 would be good for me. That is about I weighed after the freshman 15 (12 in my case). I don't want to be a twig, but I want to lose a noticeable amount.
  • princessekrystale
    Options
    Just a bit over 5 foot here. Woooot! When you're short you are always cute! I love it!

Okay ... Sorry, but that is soooooooo not true.

I'm 5 ft 10" . Is that supposed to mean that tall people are not cute??? :)
  • SMCNEIL40
    SMCNEIL40 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

I'm the shortest person I know and I can't tell you how much I loved reading all the comments about how capri pants fit like regular ones, you can't reach into the kitchen cupboards (i have a step stool for that), gained weight shows immediately, etc etc.
    Finally, other people who understand my pain! ;)

I love this thread! I can totally relate to everything!!! I am 5'3 and a quarter! LOL I am a large framed woman so my goal weight is 175-180 lbs which is still overweight for my height. Go figure! That weight will put me at an 11/12 dress size and that is as small as I want to be.

I am on the tall side of short but when it comes to my friends they are all tall. I look like a shrimp next to someone 6'3 or 6'4 and my last bf was 6'5. That was fun. Good luck and happy losing!
  • SMCNEIL40
    SMCNEIL40 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just a bit over 5 foot here. Woooot! When you're short you are always cute! I love it!

Okay ... Sorry, but that is soooooooo not true.

I'm 5 ft 10" . Is that supposed to mean that tall people are not cute??? :)

No, that is not what this thread is about. It is just a motivational/support tool for ladies with one common characteristic of being short. We are all in this together and we need each other to help get us through the day and on to reaching our goal.

I think that tall women and short women have the similar issues when it comes to weight loss and buying clothes and having thing made to fit us correctly. I wish you luck on reaching or maintaining your goals!

I hope everyone is have a beautiful day!! :bigsmile: :laugh: :happy:
  • fitnessgogetta
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 5'2-1/2" and I am alright with my height!~
    SW:200
    GW:145
  • etroupe
    etroupe Posts: 54
    Options
    5'5 and loving every inch of it...not that its a lot but still! LMBO
  • raaynes
    raaynes Posts: 58
    Options
    5'3" here. I have always loved my height. Like a lot of people have said, a pound or two lost makes a large difference. And heels, I love how heels really make a dramatic statement.
  • mocklin
    mocklin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just under 5 feet and my hubby is almost 6'3". I guess we are taking all the tall men huh?
  • fenix1976
    fenix1976 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    5,2 here don't mind so much just hate the back fat boobs that come when I put on weight
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    5'3" here. I have always loved my height. Like a lot of people have said, a pound or two lost makes a large difference. And heels, I love how heels really make a dramatic statement.

This lol.

Just sayin!
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm a "tall short girl"!! I'm just under 5'5". I don't mind being shorter than average. I have a handy step stool for those pesky kitchen cabinets. And I've got long legs for my height, so I can wear average jeans which is a nice perk. I just have the shortest torso ever, lol.

Pros: Being shorter seems to lend itself to looking younger (???)
    Cons: I can't reach the top shelf of anything.
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and love it most of the time, except for the 30 pounds looking more like 60 on my frame.
  • justjlc
    justjlc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am nearly 5'5, so I suppose on the tall side for this group :)
    I do think that 5 extra lbs on a shorter frame is much more visible than on a taller frame...
    I always tell my boyfriend that the fat just doesn't have as many places to go!
    :)~
  • Mariposa7
    Mariposa7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    5'2 and lovin' it! :drinker:
  • Sly1988
    Sly1988 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anyways