New with 60 pounds to lose

Options
corgifan
corgifan Posts: 155 Member
Hello all!

I thought I would take a quick moment to introduce myself. I'm a 24 year old woman trying to lose the last 2/3 of what I set out to conquer. At my highest I was 236 pounds (three years ago when I graduated college).

Since then, I've run my first half marathon and got down to 193. Unfortunately, I'm unemployed and still looking (I graduated with a Master's degree in 2010 and haven't had much luck finding entry level employment) and the stress of living at home and not having complete and utter control of my daily food environment has taken a toll. Since last June I've put on up to 20 pounds, though I'm now slowly moving back down. (As of this morning I was at 209). I used to used a different calorie counting site, but this one is much more user friendly, so I plan to stay here and keep track of what I'm eating.

I'm hoping to eventually lose another 60 pounds, with an initial final goal of 150. I have a bit larger build and am 5'6", so that seems like a good solid number to shoot for. I'm also training for my second half marathon in September.

Would love to hear from others with similar goals!

Replies

• cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Hello!!! I remember those days of grad school and working towards my master's and then trying to find a job in a hard market is also not all that much fun. I am heading for about the same goal and am about the same height. It is hard when you live at home and are on the whim of other cooks. If you need a friend you can add me!!!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great too - You can this!!! Stay focused :) Add me if you like!!
  • kimphillips36
    Options
    Welcome!! I've lost 60 lbs...and still need to lose about 30 more! Feel free to add me as a friend....I'm here to support and encourage anyone!! It's not easy losing weight and keeping it off long term!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we are in the same shoes weight wise. Welcome & feel free to add me as well.
  • torey319
    torey319 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome!! I have been using this page for a week now. It is so helpful. I have tried some other websites and this is very user friendly. My goal is to use 40 lbs. Good luck and you can totally do this!!! :)
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everybody! I really look forward to getting to know you and getting/giving encouragement! :)