Burnt out. Haven't worked out in a week.

Options
I'm just burnt out. I've just made it past the 55 day mark using this site, and haven't lost a huge amount of weight like everyone else, so that's partially the reason I'm just.. blah.

It's obviously my own fault, since I can't get myself to work out. But when I DO get myself to wkrout, Ican go for 45-60 minutes doing whatever I'm comfortable with, whether it be zumba or just dance 2. Although, I can't do anymore than 27 minutes of TJ cardio party the last I tried. Long story short, I'M LAZY.

I feel like logging my food is pointless at this point. I don't know if I'm just in a funk, but this attitude I have is stemming from SOMETHING.

I need some *kitten* kicking to get me back in gear. Unleash your fury on me, guys.

Replies

• ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Just a tip: Weight loss is about 80% diet, 20% exercise.....

If you're accurately logging your food, and staying under with calories, fat, and sodium, you WILL start to notice either a loss of inches, a loss of weight, or both!
  • Kaymarixe
    Kaymarixe Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. I myself haven't worked out much since the beginning of my weight loss journey and although I'm not seeing GREAT results, I'm noticing that my clothes are fitting better and getting looser every day. Try to do small things- walk around the house, if you have stairs, walk up and down to get your heart rate up. I too use Just Dance 2 and it's definitely helped.

Eat smaller meals, and try to refrain from eating a lot of fatty foods. But don't stop eating completely, or trying to eat all healthy. The body needs some fat in there.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

If you're accurately logging your food, and staying under with calories, fat, and sodium, you WILL start to notice either a loss of inches, a loss of weight, or both!
    All this time, I honestly have been logging all my consumption to the best of my ability. I FEEL like I'm losing inches because my clothes are fitting a little weird now, but since I didn't take 'before' measurements, I can't be sure. But as far as the scale goes, my weight it constantly jumping and bouncing around. Which is severely confusing and annoying.
  • vodkaswigger
    vodkaswigger Posts: 467
    Options
    Im the same, have been on here a bit longer than you and havent lost loads either, i get days when i dont exercise for a few days as i have a little one so it can sometimes be difficult. dont give up hope, do what you can when you can, a little is better than none. xx
  • Asiral
    Asiral Posts: 133
    Options
    You have the ability to do this! 55 days is definately an accomplishment, you just need consistancy now! Get your butt in gear girl! We can all do this together, but you have to take the first few steps! Go workout today, sweat out your frustrations about not losing much weight and drink lots of water. It may not sound appealing, but being unhealthy doesnt either! Put your mind to it and just go!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options

AGREED! Exercise is great for your health for so many reasons and can add an added boost to your weightloss. But diet is the key to a steady loss. Stay under your calorie goal and you will lose even without exercising. I only do 20 minutes of exercise 3-4 days per week. I lost 19 lbs in about 14 wks when I first started. Didn't mean to lose that much so have since put some back on.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You are 5' 4" tall, 230 lbs and only 22 years old. If you continue on this path, you will slowly add more weight year after year and by the time you are 30, you could reach 300 lbs and become diabetic.... I am sure you are already well on your way. Only YOU can change YOU. Start eating healthier. Quit whinning about how little you have lost, get off of your butt and work out. There is probably a reason why you have not lost as much weight as others do. Start with being honest with yourself. You could also pay a visit to your doctor and have your thyroid checked. Your health is in your hands.
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you dont feel up to necessarily "working out" more, try making yourself go for walks and listen to music while you do that! On days I dont feel like I can get myself to do much more, I make myself go for a 30-60 min walk, and I also try walking up and down my stairs off and on throughout the day. I know its not A LOT but it helps me. Try not to get discouraged! On days you do feel like working out, do as much as you feel comfortable with too =) I made a list of reasons for why I'm not happy with my weight, and made a list of what I'd like better about myself in general if I lose the weight. I had a TON of reasons on the list to lose the weight, that inspire me, and looking at those lists off and on help give me more motivation! I was harsh on myself on the list for why I didnt like my current weight, and for me, that worked to get me going! Good luck, and you can do anything you set your mind to!
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    That is SO common! Do NOT focus on the number on the scale! Seriously, I mean it! Here's an example: Two days ago, I weighed myself in the morning (after going to the washroom, before eating anything, etc.). I weighed in at 131.8.

Two hours later, after eating ONE BOWL OF CEREAL, I hopped back on just out of curiosity....134! What the heck?!

The next day? 135.0....And this morning? Back to 134.0...

There's PROOF that weight fluctuates wildly (both throughout the day, and over the course of a number of days). It's not an accurate reflection of anything except the amount of water you are retaining, basically! Focus on the fact that your clothes are fitting better! No one sees the number on the scale, except for you. Everyone sees how your clothes fit, though, so that should be more important!

Just stick with it. DO NOT give up! It WILL get better, I promise!!!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Also looking @ your food diary I notice a few things.
    If you are logging everything, there are days that you just do not eat often enough.
    Start eating smaller meals 5-6 times/day.
    Increase your protein (MFP levels too low) and decrease your carbs.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    You are 5' 4" tall, 230 lbs and only 22 years old. If you continue on this path, you will slowly add more weight year after year and by the time you are 30, you could reach 300 lbs and become diabetic.... I am sure you are already well on your way. Only YOU can change YOU. Start eating healthier. Quit whinning about how little you have lost, get off of your butt and work out. There is probably a reason why you have not lost as much weight as others do. Start with being honest with yourself. You could also pay a visit to your doctor and have your thyroid checked. Your health is in your hands.

While I agree with Christy, I am trying to give some hints as well.

if you aren't working out, and your diet is consistent, the only reason your weight would be fluctuating would be because of water. I would suggest you drink at least set amount of water every day, stick to your calorie goals, and see what happens.

Personally, I have a nathan water bottle that holds 750ml, I drink at LEAST 4 of them I day, I try for 6. Workout days its nearly always 6.

Once your water is at the right percentage, if everything else is stable you should start to see results.

Also... you need to get an athletic hobby or something. Makes the workouts so much more fun.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Deleted double post.
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed to hear.
  • Jellyphant
    Options
    Also... you need to get an athletic hobby or something. Makes the workouts so much more fun.

I've thought about that before.. I'm a dog lover but living in a small apartment. I'd LOVE to adopt a super athletic dog like a springer so daily stimulating runs are a MUST.
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    ahem... ready... here comes the fury..... GET YR *kitten* TO THE GYM WOMAN!!!!

Lol, really though, it's so hard when you first start, because you DO want to see something for your effort. However, it's a very, very long process. Gradually, through educating yourself about nutrition and fitness and then making those changes, your lifestyle will change. You'll make better food choices, and you'll want to work out. You'll have a great week and then you'll go out to dinner and eat waaay over, feel guilty, but then start over the next day. You'll skip workouts and be like, I'm not doing this, but then you'll make a choice to go. It's all about being honest with yourself, and being forgiving of your mistakes when you make them.

Now go work out!!!