Kale chips

Options
kaw811
kaw811 Posts: 19 Member
Cut or tear one large bunch of kale into bite size pieces. I use the lacinato kale. Add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Stir. Lay pieces on baking sheet and bake @350 degrees for 20 minutes. They should come out nice and crispy!

Replies

• llenadadelgozo
    llenadadelgozo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yum! I used the curly kale and put garlic salt on them. Mine only needed about 10 minutes before they started to brown.
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    I like to add paprika to mine. It gives them alittle more smoky flavour!
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    bump to save recipe
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    what does that mean? bump?
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I love kale chips. My sister made them for me once, I swear if I didn't see what I was eating I would have thought they were potato chips.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    For lower calories, you can spray them with olive oil cooking spray. That's what I do and they taste amazing.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    what does that mean? bump?
    It gives you the opportunity to move the topic you're interested in checking back on over to 'My Topics'.

It can also be used to bring a topic to the top of the page so others see it in case they might missed it.

:wink:
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am so curious about these. I am not a huge fan of leafy greens but these tempt me.
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    Yum ! Kale chips are one of my favorite snack foods. I like to doll my up with some garlic or paprika, even a little cayenne sometimes for more of a kick.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    If you want to make them extra yummy, add some wild sumac. I can't get enough of it.
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    Will have to be on the lookout for that. I believe it to be kind of lemony in flavor right ? Great paring with the kale.!
  • rhonnik
    rhonnik Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    I tried them and hated them - and I love all kinds of greens cooked and raw usually.:sad:
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    I tried them and hated them - and I love all kinds of greens cooked and raw usually.:sad:

too bad! I didn't really like them at first, but I gave it another go and really enjoyed them! Maybe try again in a little while, or with your favorite spice?
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    BUMP!!

i've been looking for a way to sub more veggies for all the fruit i've been eating. thanks for sharing :-)
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I've tried this with spinach leaves too. They're interesting! :)
  • Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    Want to save this!
  • jenfitz34
    jenfitz34 Posts: 31
    Options
    bump
  • snowbunnies
    Options
    Love Kale! Bump.