How did I get here... AGAIN???

techteachergirl
techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
I was 238 Sept. 2008. I started LA Weight Loss and got down to 168 by May of 2009. I then started trying to get pregnant, got pregnant and had by beautiful son March 2010. I have gained ALL of my weight back. I can't seem to get motivated! I can't seem to lose the weight, but I can't live like this or look like this anymore! I was hot and now I just feel like a fat slob. I am tired of the pity parties, I am tired of the tears, I am tired of the jiggle! I am tired of not feeling healthy and not feeling beautiful! I need to do this and I need a big fat kick in the *kitten*! HELP ME! Encourage me! Sorry, if I sound like I am begging, but I kinda am! ;)

To tell you about myself: I am a married mom. I am a christian. I am a teacher. I love my family, my job, reading, talking and hanging out, coffee, and watching tv. I love to make new friends and gettting to know people and I am pretty much an open book.

Feel free to ask if you want to know more!

Nice to meet you.... Amanda :wink:

Replies

• Hi there!!

Welcome to MFP....would love to be friends with you! I'm here to support you on your weight loss journey....it's not easy, but with the support from complete strangers on MFP....it helps everyday!! I will send you a friend request!
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    I felt the same way after I had my baby in August 2010. I didn't feel any sort of motivation until about mid-January of this year. It is hard to get going when you have an infant at home. When you are recovering from a c-section, delivery, nursing, etc. Add stress of an infant, lack of sleep, it is a lose lose situation. My advice, take one day at a time. Decide you are going to walk every day for a month. Start there. Once your motivation starts, it will continue and push you through to your goals! Good Luck!
  • RaeLynn_3
    RaeLynn_3 Posts: 22
    Welcome!! Dont have a lot of time now but add me if u like!!! Love meeting new people!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Hello, and welcome! I'll send you a friend request!
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Welcome! You've taken the first step and that's great. All the motivation here really does help. The journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step :) Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • SweGuy
    SweGuy Posts: 78
    Welcome; and you know - even the longest journey start with one step..
This discussion has been closed.