I guess you'd call this an NSV

Options
zeeeb
zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
I'm going through a really tough time at the moment. My mum has been diagnosed with Alzheimers at 57 years old... OUCH!

In any case, I find myself turning to the gym for my stress relief, to deal with my stress, rather than letting all my hard work go and giving up because life is getting hard. I am truly glad that I pulled myself together this year and gave myself a solid base to work with now that life is stressful and hard.

I'm glad that I'm using exercise to deal with my stresses, to give myself time to think things through. And when I really am spinning in my head, I just go for a good 7km walk instead of turning to the tub of icecream or block of chocolate to deal with my problems.

I guess that's a small victory in a horrible situation.

Replies

• TheresaRichardson
    Options
    AMEN to that! Good for you!!!!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    absolutely! Good for you, and I'm sorry to hear about your mum. We have it in our family too, and it's scary, and heartbreaking. Best wishes to you to be strong through your mother's struggles.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!