Carbs!?

Options
Hello! I am new to the site and also new to counting carbs. I have usually ignored carbs and focused on fat and calories. Now I am seeing that I eat a LOT of carbs--every single day. I am vegetarian so that is a factor. What has been your experience with limiting or ignoring carbs?

Thanks!

Replies

• mynameisuntz
    mynameisuntz Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Ignore carbs and worry more about calories + protein intake. Make sure you get ample protein, 1g per pound lean body mass, and make sure you are in your caloric limit.

That's what matters most.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    for me carbs are my enemy so i watch them very closely along with calories.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am a vegetarian too and have been keeping a eye on my carbs and so far no problems. I just cut out having bread/pasta every single day. I will have it when i really want it instead of just having it to have. Why not have a look in the recipes section? There is some good veggie ideas there.
    Hope this helps
    Good luck :smile:
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm very concerned about carb intake. I pay more attention to proteins, fat and fiber than anything else. Calories to me are a guideline. Lots of veggies are really good. And, don't forget the water, especially if you eat a lot of fiber. Fiber is very filling, and they digest slower. Makes you feel fuller longer. I cut out plain white bread and pasta almost completely.