Anybody else starve after they work out??

Options
124»

Replies

• Divabonita88
    Divabonita88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    a salad is only 15 cal!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    a salad is only 15 cal!

But pointless to eat post workout considering it has very little nutrients that you body needs post workout.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Not eating post workout is not very wise. Post workout your body is depleted of nutrients to repair muscle and help grow muscle and continue burning fat.

by starving yourself you are adversely affecting your workout and your bodies recovery.

Best to take in some simple carbs and protein. Doesn't have to be a ton but 20-30 grams of carbs and 20-30 grams of protein is wise.

If you want the long drawn out answer as to why you need to do this post up and I will respond.
    Well said and very true!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I know I am always over my sugar intake but unless I eat only lean protein and veggies, I can't stay under them :( I can get my BF% read at my gym I think so I'll do that today when I go :D I don't think I'm losing muscle because I can see the muscles starting to pop up every where from working out! But I will have it checked!

Keep in mind, that sugars in excess to what your body can process store as fat. It is just as bad as over eating or unhealthy foods. Trust me on this, I was in the same body six months ago. I did p90x which is fairly extreme of a workout and I didn't lose a single lb, inch or BF% because i had too much sugar in my diet. After that, I changed my diet and did a shorter/easier workout (chalean extreme, this is still a tough workout) and lost 6", 3% body fat (went from 15% to 12%) and 5 lbs. Keep in mind, I am very close to my goals so I don't have much to lose so I am at a more difficult phase in my workout cycle. Limit yourself to two serverings of fruit each day and eliminate sugary drinks. I used to love, love, love chickfila sweet tea but since I didn't have it for 3 months and eliminated soda and all sugary drinks, I can't stand the sweet tea any more. In fact, if I drink anything sugary, it gives me a headache. If you train your body to not like it, it eventually comes true.