Water intake for a day??

Options
How much water should we be drinking per day? I used to hear that 8 glasses a day was recommended but more recently read something that said unless your 'thirst-ometer' is broken and you never feel thirsty it's best to just drink when you want to.

What works for you guys and what do you think is a good amount to be drinking?

Replies

• NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am back to drinking about 8. Sometimes more. I often drink up to 12 or more CUPS a day. That is much different than glasses. A cup is 8 oz, I drink 12 eight-ounce cups =)
  • avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I got one of those "coffee" cups. They look like a starbucks cup but are hard plastic...it's around 24 oz and I drink three a day. I always have an APP to help log how much I really have drank and how much more I need to. I usually go over.
  • Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    I try to get in 8 a day..when I really try...I tend to not drink the 'others'..like coke and diet dr. pepper..! ahj!! so for me, 8 is a goal so I won't be tempted as much to drink other things :)

After I work out..I feel like a guppy! lol :) I drink about 2 bottles of water (I have the filtered water bottles..and I drain them pretty quickly!) :)
  • gmann1973
    gmann1973 Posts: 247
    Options
    i drink at least 12 cups a day, the harder you push it the more u got to take in. proper hydration is a must.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I use a sports bottle that is 32oz and I drink two per day while at work then at home I usually have another 16-24oz. I live in the bathroom but it keeps me away from the refrigerator.
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    i drink anywhere from 10-13 cups a day. My favorite is when its ice cold..
  • AshPolette717
    Options
    Here is what I do, my water bottle at work and home holds 24oz! key to know. So here's my example:

Take your weight: mine 175
    Cut it in half: 87.5
    and divide how many ounces in your bottle: 24oz divided by 87.5lbs = 3.6
    So I round up and drink four refils of my water bottles a day, which is 96 ounces

It was hard to do at first, cause at the end of the day I feel like I need a diaper LOL
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I talked to my doc about the regular headaches I'm getting, and he said that most likely they are due to dehydration. I'd gotten so used to not having enough water in my system that I wasn't really feeling thirsty, but I did want to get rid of the darn headaches. So I bought a polycarbonate water bottle that goes with me everywhere. I'm still not up to 8 glasses a day, but doing better, and headaches aren't as intense as the were.

Remember, 8 glasses can refer to any clear liquid (except caffeinated or alcoholic drinks). So if you have a cup of juice or even a non-caffeinated soda, that counts too. I don't count "full" liquids like milk or orange juice.
  • alkruszka
    alkruszka Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a 32 oz. jug I keep at work and another at home - I usually get throught 3 of those at work, and another at home. I keep a knife and a cutting board at work and slice up lemons or oranges and put those in water, it adds a little flavor which is good. At home I do raspberries a lot. YUM.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i have been averaging 15 cups or so. but i am a big time drinker always have been. always have to be drinking something