Do you suck in your stomach?

Options
2»

Replies

• Alison_84
    Alison_84 Posts: 86
    Options
    I do just out of habit, my mom used to tell us to suck it in when we were kids! (and we weren't even overweight kids). I will "let it all hang out" when I'm at home by myself though... but even then I don't find it as comfortable
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I prefer to call it...engaging my core! he he he..and Yes..I do it for all of the already listed reasons.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Its automatic for me. I had to walk with books on my head when I was younger...shoulders back and holding in my tummy.
  • mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes I do !! And I do butt crunches while sitting in my car in traffic or at my desk at work !!! :)
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Its automatic for me. I had to walk with books on my head when I was younger...shoulders back and holding in my tummy.

Desirai,
    Was just looking at your before and after photos, you look fab. Nice job.
  • buryherdead
    Options
    omg I didn't know it was so common! Lol.. I feel lazy :x I always just let it umm..hang out. I'd probably look a lot better if I didn't! I'm going to start sucking it in.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I do. It makes my posture better too. But it's more keeping my abs engaged than sucking my stomach in. :wink:

This :laugh: Makes me feel less fat...and I figure its gotta be helping out the ABs right?
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I do just out of habit, my mom used to tell us to suck it in when we were kids! (and we weren't even overweight kids). I will "let it all hang out" when I'm at home by myself though... but even then I don't find it as comfortable

My mom said the same to me as a child! It wasn't till later that I took that advice seriously.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    All the time!!
  • CurvyGirl14
    CurvyGirl14 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Always..
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    I always try to do it when exercising and walking around, but always forget once I sit down!!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    ALL THE DANG TIME!!! I loved being pregnant cuz I could just "RELAX" and stick it out!!!
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    Yes, I do.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Great before and after photos!