Hi!!!

Options
Hi everyone...I just joined today...I'm sick of feeling tired, fat & downright unattractive!! In the 7 years since my marriage, I have gained about 25-30 pounds & want to lose it & get back to my "old self". What really did me in was my 2nd pregnancy...my son was almost 11 pounds at birth, so needless to say, my body is not what it used to be.
My question for everyone is: When do you find the time to workout?? I work full time & have a 2 year old & a 4 year old...there are never enough hours in the day...by the time we get home from work, it's time to get dinner started & the kids fed.....I get up at 5:45, so getting up any earlier is out of the question...I don't get enough sleep as it is. Would it be unreasonable to go on my elliptical at 10pm??? This is about the only time I have to myself.
I have never really tried to lose weight before...I have ZERO willpower & LOVE junkfood, so this is going to be very difficult for me, but I know that I need to get healthy for myself & for my family.

Replies

• Scubabarbie
    Scubabarbie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi ryandylan - Welcome to MFP and good luck to you. You should feel really good about signing up because this is a great start! You sound like you have your hands full and up for the challenge. How old are you children? I see that a lot of folks with a family like yours tend to workout at home. Have you thought about working out with DVD's? If your children are mobile enough, you may find that they want to workout with you and although it's tough having the interruption of children, it's a way for you to start and set an example for them until they lose interest in your "exercise time."