it took over a year, but finally dropped 10lbs

jessmtnz
jessmtnz Posts: 2 Member
edited September 28 in Success Stories
I've been using MFP's app on the ipod for awhile now (like, say... 2yrs) and I really wasn't noticing much weight loss. I went to the gym regularly and even tried some P90x. It wasn't until February that I began a Couch to 5K program (with the help of the app "Get Running"). I HATED running. (and even now, sitting on the couch, cannot think that I really want to at this moment) but, in 5 weeks of running for 30min 3x a week, I dropped the other 8lbs that wouldn't come off. I am ecstatic... and confused. I guess when they say you need to "change up" your exercise routine, they mean it'll actually work!! :P

Replies

• kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    WOOHOO! Congrats!!

EDIT: also, I can definitely relate to the "change up the routine" thing. The last 10 lb of my previous weight loss would not come off no matter how hard I worked at the elliptical, even though it had gotten me through 30+ lb before. Once I started using the treadmill, the scale finally started movies. Blast our bodies for being so efficient! ;)
  • Zelsawaf
    Zelsawaf Posts: 111 Member
    Way to go! That change up thing is really frustrating. It doesn't make sense right!? How can I be working out so much, so many hours a week, and not see ANY results?!

I guess you're right @Kuni - Dammed bodies are just so much smarter than us!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    That is great. WELL DONE. I just started couch to 5k yesterday and agree the cool running app is brilliant.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!