meal ideas

Options
cas122777
cas122777 Posts: 33 Member
I have become fond of all the Birds Eye Steamfresh vegetables and other varieties. Does anyone else on these boards eat the whole bag as their meal? is this a bad thing to get used to?

Replies

• Satimal
    Satimal Posts: 6
    Options
    I just bought a few bags to eat lol. It can't be any worse than lean cuisine meals.... I don't like cooking so I rely on things like the steam fresh veggies, bistro ready to eat salads, and frozen foods along with taking my daily vitamins so that I don't get deficient in anything and drinking plenty of water. Go for it! The more convenient, the better...
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    birds eye steamfresh vegetables is the way to go low calories and low on sodium. I just wouldn't do it every night you need some proteien once in a while.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that! Man, those things are kinda good... :) I don't know if it is Birdeye but there is one of this steaming "sides" that is barley and veggies, and I've downed that for a quick lunch or dinner before. I wouldn't recommend doing it for meals regularly, but eating something healthy is better than eating something crappy. So if you're super short on time and you have to go to work right NOW, then grabbing one of those is ok, in my opinion.
  • Smurfette64
    Options
    I just use normal frozen veges and cook them in the microwave - cheaper than the specially packaged ones. No problem with just eating the veges as a meal but you need to get some protein in your other meals. Gotta love those veges :love:

Lean Cuisine - I agree YUK and such a waste of money :angry:
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    baha i LOVE that you just posted this because i'm currently eating a bag of their broccoli & cauliflower in a big bowl with lots of chunky salsa & hot sauce on it as my dinner! :oD

i usually add different low cal toppings to switch it up the taste & occasionally add salmon or chicken if i'm in the mood :o) lots of things you can do & its a low cal/sodium/fat & filling meal!
  • cas122777
    cas122777 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies!!!!! they are easiest at work because i only get 20 minutes for lunch and want to make good choices. would it help me to also eat chicken or fish along with the veggies? For the protein aspect? I am still trying to figure out all the aspects i have to include and keep track of in all my meals.