I should know this after all these years of weight loss expe

Options
(the topic should read " I should know this after all these years of weight loss experience)

I didn't start tracking my measurements until about 2 weeks ago. I have been doing MFP and WWPP simultaneously now since late January and have lost 24.2 lbs. My clothes are clearly showing my loss (but no one else seems to be- that's another story). How often should I take new measurements ? Since my last (first) measurement, I have lost weight and have been exercising and doing regular sit ups , however my measurements appear to be EXACTLY the same. Should I only track them monthly ? What up ?!

Replies

• fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    WWPP?
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    WWPP = Weight Watchers Points Plus
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I take mine usually 2 x a month. It seems to work for me.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I do it once per month. You could do it every couple of weeks. I do my thighs, waist, arms, and hips. You can add any body part you would like to in fitness pal (up to 5, I think?). Because my waist is smaller and my neck is small, those measurements do not change hardly, if at all, for me. However, my thighs and hips are larger, so that is where most of my inches slowly, slowly start to disappear. Its pointless for me to measure my neck, as there is nothing to come off there. It depends on your body type, as far as which body parts you may want to measure.
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    If your clothes are showing the difference your measurements can't be the same! That's good!!! Honestly it's hard to accurately measure yourself. Many years ago when I was on an extreme program, they used permanent markers to mark exact measuring points on the body. 2 weeks later when measuring time came around, there was still a light mark so each measurement was in the exact same spot. Now, I don't worry about being that precise. My measuring is just for my own motivation. But the clothes will always tell the real story!!!!
  • annabellio
    Options
    Thanks ! I just wish it would all just fall right off in five seconds the way it used to do !
  • annabellio
    Options
    If your clothes are showing the difference your measurements can't be the same! That's good!!! Honestly it's hard to accurately measure yourself. Many years ago when I was on an extreme program, they used permanent markers to mark exact measuring points on the body. 2 weeks later when measuring time came around, there was still a light mark so each measurement was in the exact same spot. Now, I don't worry about being that precise. My measuring is just for my own motivation. But the clothes will always tell the real story!!!!

that's very helpful and motivating ! Thanks !