8 cups of water?

Options
I know I need to drink at least 8 cups of water a day, but can anyone tell me how to measure it?? Is it an actual measuring cup, or a certain amount of ounces? Thanks for your help!

Replies

• Alaranio
    Alaranio Posts: 75
    Options
    General rule of thumb is 8, eight oz. Glasses of water per day minimum.
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    8 oz equals one cup. yes, that would be a measuring cup size ;)
  • chelle4282
    chelle4282 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    8- 8 ounce glasses of water a day... so 64 ounces total...
  • minus40
    minus40 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My guide is about 250ml. :drinker:
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    or four 16 oz glasses.... sounds better that way, too LOL
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    You should be drinking 8 cup (8 oz each)... I use a 20 oz water bottle...
  • minus40
    minus40 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    so funny.... think we all (above) answered at the exact same time! :laugh:
  • mya2012
    mya2012 Posts: 18
    Options
    I go by bottle water, If it say 64 oz then Its 8 cups. 20 oz is like 2 cups in a half. I just go by what bottle says
  • bcatgray
    bcatgray Posts: 41
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken, 8 ounces of water 8x a day. 8 ounces equals 1cup. It's not hard. I've gotten one of those large bottles of Aquafina waters from the dollar store and used it as my gauge. Those bottles are usually about 32 ounces. I drink one of those bottles between breakfast and lunch and one bottle between lunch and dinner and I have all of my water for the day. But of course I drink waaaaay more than that. LOL But I know that I have it taken care of by the end of dinner.

Hope this helps. :-)
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    I have a 20 oz bottle that I put a slice of lemon in and fill it 4 times throughout the day....that way I know I am having 80 oz. One theory is, to drink half your body weight in ounces of water everyday. So, if you weighed 150 lbs, you should drink 75 oz of water per day.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I use a 32oz water bottle that I refill, that way you're getting 3 cups with one water bottle. It seems less painful that way, lol.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Remember the recommendation is at least 8 glasses (8 ozs or 250ml) per day. However, depending on your weight you might need more.

Take your weight / 2 and divide that number by 8.....that will give you your true number of glasses you need per day based on your body....

1/2 you body should be water. That is how you get there!

but like others 8oz = 250ml---or one bottle of water=2 glasses.....
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    I use a large 32 ounce water bottle, once I empty it twice, I know I got in my 64 ounces, or 8 glasses!!
  • tropikanagirl
    tropikanagirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a 32 oz bottle to drink my water. Since 8oz is in one cup of water, I drink water from this bottle twice a day to keep hydrated and it helps to keep me on target for the amount I need to consume that day.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I use a large 32 ounce water bottle, once I empty it twice, I know I got in my 64 ounces, or 8 glasses!!

I was just about to say this. My work gave me a 32 oz bottle when I started and I've been using that.

I'd recommend going to the store and picking up a Nalgene or some other similar-type of liquid container that has the measuring tick marks on the side to help guide you. This way you know that it's a 32 oz container and you need to drink at least 2 of these per day, you'll always be able to keep track of your water consumption.

(Edit)
    8 cups recommended per day
    8 oz = 1 cup
    Nalgene = 32 oz = 4 cups
    [for reference]
  • putnam80
    putnam80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    because of my job in the summer, its not uncommon for me to consume 1-2 gallons of water a day :) I got this 8 cup thing covered!
  • tara4487
    tara4487 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just drink 4 water bottles of water thats wat I do there usually 16 ounces and so that's 2 cups
  • sovokit
    sovokit Posts: 9
    Options
    8 x 8 oz = 64 oz = 1 Gallon!!!!!
  • spitfire423
    Options

ugh when put this way no wonder i pee every 10 min!!! hahaha
  • putnam80
    putnam80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

actually, 1 Gallon is 128 oz, 64 oz is 2 quarts and 32 oz is 1 quart.

8oz in 1 cup, 4 cups in 1 quart,