Pasta, Chicken & Zucchini in an Avocado Cream Sauce

Options
Ladydi1982
Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
I made this for dinner tonight. You can add any other veggies or use any pasta you feel like eating.

***DISCLAIMER*** PLEASE READ ENTIRE RECIPE BEFORE MAKING TO BE SURE IT MAKES SENSE TO YOU. I MADE IT UP AS I WENT ALONG & THEN WROTE THIS OUT AFTER THE LEFT OVERS (which wasn't much!) WERE PUT AWAY. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYTHING NEEDS CLARIFICATION. :flowerforyou: GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!! AND BON APPETIT!

1 box Barilla Plus Rotini Pasta (reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water)

1 Medium Yellow Squash, sliced & quartered
1 Large Green Zucchini, sliced & quartered
2 Large Chicken Breasts, Cubed

Avocado Cream Sauce:
1 medium sized ripe avocado, pitted
Juice of one lemon
2-3 garlic cloves (depending on how garlicky you want it)
1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
5 large fresh basil leaves
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Prepare pasta of your choice according to directions on box being sure to cook until Al Dente and reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water.

Meanwhile, place garlic cloves, lemon juice & olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Add avocado, basil, salt, ground pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy (it will be about the consistency of guacamole). Now add the reserved pasta water a little at a time until it gets a little thinner (kind of like sour cream when stirred up). I hope this is not confusing anyone!

In a small skillet, brown chicken seasoned with some kosher salt, pepper & garlic powder in a little olive oil. When the chicken is about 1/2 way cooked, in a large skillet, sautee zucchini & squash seasoned with pepper & very little salt (just to bring the flavor out). Chicken should be finished cooking at the same time zucchini & squash are just tender, you don't want it to be mushy. At this time, add chicken and drained, cooked pasta to large skillet and toss together. Add Avocado Cream Sauce a spoonful at a time, stirring between each addition until all ingredients are coated with as much or as little of the sauce as you like.

Serves 8

I'm sorry, I do not have any nutritional info I will have to do a little research to find that out...

Enjoy and please let me know how you like it!

Replies

• supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    YUMMMMM! I am going to nom this tomorrow. Will report back. Looks amazing! :D:D
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    This sounds delish!!
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pamela3
    Pamela3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious!!
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious!! Thanks for sharing!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Delightful! :drinker:
  • sarahlyzzibeth
    Options
    Avocado cream sauce sounds like a genius idea!! lovely! I'm going to have to try this!
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    BUMP BUMP BUMP! I'm so making this this weekend. YUM!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Seriously looks delish! Good work!! :D
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I want to make this too! :)
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    This sounds really yummy and really easy!!! Thanks for sharing!!

As for the nutrition, just plug it all into the recipe calculator (on the Food tab) here on the site! :flowerforyou:
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I just ate... but if this was put in front of me I'd eat it even though I'm full. O..M..G <3<3 I LOVE AVOCADO. And to combine it with PASTA?! YUM
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I made this for dinner tonight and it was SOOOOO yummy!!!! Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous recipe!!