The "One Step at a Time" thinking is working!!

Options
So, about a week ago I posted a topic about how frustrating it is being an all or nothing girl. It was so frustrating thinking that way, and I am not saying that I'm "cured" from my 'All or Nothing" thinking, but this week has been so much better!! Since Saturday, (which yes, it's only been 3 days) I have been working on thinking about things by the minute, and by the decision, rather than reacting to a not well thought out decision, being super upset and wanting to give up on the whole day! The people who repled were so awesome and gave such good advice about things, which helped me in my thinking SO much! It's nice to know that we aren't all failing, and that if we are, we have some people who have been there and done that to fall back on. Since Saturday, I've watched everything I've eaten and other than Sunday, being so sore that I could hardly move, working out as well. I have been doing exactly what some of your advice was, and have been literally been working on one decision, and step at a time. I haven't gone over in calories, and have been trying to listen to myself when I eat. I think a problem that some of us have is that we aren't use to our bodies telling us they are hungry naturally, so we feel that if we aren't super full, then we must be hungry, even if we aren't. At least that's how I use to feel. I felt like I needed to eat everything on my plate, and then later would feel so tired and heavy and just plain nasty. But I've been trying to eat slower, and to stop myself when I am comfortably "full". Tonight we had pizza for dinner, and I didn't feel bad because I worked out hard today, and have a lot of extra calories, nor have i had pizza in a long time. I had a few slices, and my head was telling me before I even ate that I wanted another slice on my plate. Instead, I ate what was on my plate, felt comfortable, and was able to realize that I don't need or really want that extra piece! It felt good to make that decision on my own, and to feel like I am really taking one step approaches to things right now instead of feeling like tomorrow I'm going to be at my goal weight. It took me a while to get to the weight I am, and it's going to take time, maybe even MORE time to get that weight off. And it starts with one step at a time.

I've been readling the biggest loser books, cookbooks, and all that, and it's been helpful to really learn what my body needs and what it can and can not handle. Of course all those people on the show lose so much weight so fast because of having someone make their meals for them, and have a trainer and a gym right in their home, but it's nice to learn some useful things. My husband just about freaked when I moved in and started reading things from the biggest loser and started to use their cookbook. He was like "Why do we need to eat that stuff when those books were made for people who want or need to lose hundreds of pounds!" I told him that I am not making things exact, but that I am getting good ideas on healthy things and modifying them, so using lowfat things instead of "nonfat" as an example. If you guys don't have any of those books I suggest investing in them. They are so helpful and have some good meal ideas that actually taste amazing!

I really appreciate all the helpful feedback that you guys have gave and it's so cool getting to be "friends" with people who are in similar situations as we all are in! It's so encouraging reading your posts and seeing how you all are doing and how far you guys have gone. I want to lose about 50-70 pounds and I think this is a good place to do it! Thanks for being so inspiring and encouraging and I hope I can be some of that for you guys too! Have a good night, where ever you guys are! :)
Sorry for any mis-spelled words, I was so excited I was typing crazy fast!

Replies

• withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I think that's very significant, arriving at the right mindset and finding the balance. I too have the "all or nothing" problem sometimes, so I can relate to this.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!