logging work hours?

mummyfin
mummyfin Posts: 29 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi a quick little question!! I work at a playgroup with 2-5 years old, should I be logging this in my exercise??
Generally I am moving around a fair bit but not sure if I should be and if I do what do I log it under??
Does anyone else log work down??
Thanx for reading :)

Replies

• t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Your work exercise should go under your "Normal Daily Activity" that you chose in the beginning. Sedentary, Lightly Active, etc.
  • jozzierdgz
    jozzierdgz Posts: 60 Member
    I'm pretty sure most of us don't since it is calculated on your BMR when you choose: Sedentary, Lightly active and such... You're not technically exercising.
  • as you know i log down work as light effort cleaning but not the whole shift,i don't log the whole shift to accoubt for just general dailly movements,maybe log the time spent setting up and tidying away as cleaning as that involves moving some hefty objects around
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    I actually mark it as exercise, because I am a teacher and I feel I am burning calories, because I am always moving, and I don't really sit down a lot. Even when a person sits they are burning calories.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    i work at a pizzeria and i log any part of my shift where i'm sweating or vigoriously moving as walking the more i'm sweating the faster pace i use for the walk since i walk my whole shift anyway... today i logged 9 hours of my 11 hour shift, our A/C was out and we were pretty busy, it was 100 degrees in there almost my whole shift... literally like the thermostat said 100!
This discussion has been closed.