it's winter!!! UGHH!!! T.T

Options
do you really gain weight every winter? T.T

Replies

• AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    For me it's usually summer that I put on weight. Which of course is the same time of year as your winter but different weather! This is the first year I have lost weight during the summer instead of undoing all the winter work.
  • AmesLee78
    AmesLee78 Posts: 111
    Options
    For me it's any day ending in Y......:laugh:
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I tend to think both cooler and warmer seasons have their challenges. It certainly makes me crave warm comfort food in the winter, but the summer is full of socializing and barbeques, parties, fairs etc. In Winter it's too cold/wet/windy to exercise, in Summer it's too hot. Lol, we'll always find excuses if we look for them :-)
  • lifeinpink09
    lifeinpink09 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yeah. It's you're body's natural reaction to the cold. Our ancestors didn't have much food resources once cold weather set in so the body naturally retains more fat to keep us warm...

Plus you're indoors more and generally less active.
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options

LOL! Love that.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm more active the colder it gets. I get all charged up and get out a lot more. During the heat I just sit like a sludge barely able to move. Working hard this summer to over come it and so far I'm making progress losing weight. Not as active as I would like but losing weight is a huge improvement.
  • Smurfette64
    Options
    Winter definately has it's challenges - pies, stews, warm puddings YUMMO!!!! not to mention it is soooo hard to get out of bed and out of the house to exercise :cry:

Then again summer you have ice-blocks, ice-creams I suppose. :embarassed:

But for me definately winter is the worst. :sad:
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    well, so far this winter ive lost more weight than i ever have before and im the lightest ive been in 20 years!!! So if you put your mind to it and are determined to be fitter and lighter you can do anything.
  • kakaiie
    kakaiie Posts: 19
    Options
    yeah . ahaha my excuses for this winter. it's really cold. i just bought a new bike just days before june and now, i can't use it yet. i just wish i have an indoor gym or a treadmill will do. haha. it's just too expensive T.T
  • joyce1973
    joyce1973 Posts: 9
    Options
    Well for me In summer I try to get out early and beat the worst of the heat, in winter on weekends during the middle of the day, but obviously for work days you just cope with the cold by putting on another layer and get out there anyway.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    YES!! Well i live in ireland so it is winter all the time lol.
    Met my boyfriend 2 years ago in april and put on a lot of weight that winter and the following one. A stone each year.
    He is a professional sportsman so trains/eats healthy March- September. Then on his "off" season eats whatever he wants and hardly exercise he is 6'1 and very large built so can get away with it. Me not so much.
    It was only when my mom said it to me that we had both put on a lot weight over winter that the penny dropped.
    So we are back to eating healthy and exercising and i know this winter will be different.
    1. Because we are going be living in Australia(hello sunshine) and 2. because i know to keep a eye out for it now.
  • kakaiie
    kakaiie Posts: 19
    Options
    YES!! Well i live in ireland so it is winter all the time lol.
    Met my boyfriend 2 years ago in april and put on a lot of weight that winter and the following one. A stone each year.
    He is a professional sportsman so trains/eats healthy March- September. Then on his "off" season eats whatever he wants and hardly exercise he is 6'1 and very large built so can get away with it. Me not so much.
    It was only when my mom said it to me that we had both put on a lot weight over winter that the penny dropped.
    So we are back to eating healthy and exercising and i know this winter will be different.
    1. Because we are going be living in Australia(hello sunshine) and 2. because i know to keep a eye out for it now.

cool! maybe we could me sometime when you get here. im new here in australia. im from philippines =)
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I gain weiht during the winter because we are stuck inside for so long. Snow starts flying in Oct. and goes until the beginning of May here, and we get down t temps of -40C. There is no leaving the house to exercise.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options

ME too!! LOL!