Getting started after a sloppy summer!

gymmom
gymmom Posts: 10
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi - Just getting started. After keeping fit and at a healthy weight for years, I suddenly got very relaxed this summer and gained 8 lbs...now back to the gym and keeping a food log. I like knowing I can check in when I need lots of support. gymmom

P.s. how do I get my ticker on here?
think I figured it out...just testing.

Replies

• Hi - Just getting started. After keeping fit and at a healthy weight for years, I suddenly got very relaxed this summer and gained 8 lbs...now back to the gym and keeping a food log. I like knowing I can check in when I need lots of support. gymmom

P.s. how do I get my ticker on here?
    think I figured it out...just testing.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Welcome! I'm in the same boat as you! I only have a bit of weight to lose because I was living in the woods this summer and couldn't lift or eat anything but trail food. :sick: I wouldn't mind losing up to 15 lbs/5% fat. It's sometimes harder to lose the small amounts than the big ones!
  • Excellent point about losing the fat...I have a body fat/weight scale and while I know it isn't exact in measuring body fat, it does let me know when the percentage is going up or down. I think that's what I need more than anything...not so much the lbs as toning up again and cutting body fat.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Yea, I have actually gained weight since I started a couple years ago, but lost a lot of body fat. Since I manipulate my carbs too, my weight fluctuates regularly. A floppy tape measure is a great investment too!
This discussion has been closed.