SURGERY FOR EXCESS SKIN????

Options
13»

Replies

• AutumnisBSB
    AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    ]

Thank you for posting!! I might as well be looking at my own stomach!

I AM having a tummy tuck done in December. The surgery is already scheduled for Dec. 12th. To me it is going to be completely worth the money. It bothers me that some people may say, just love your skin, don't waste your money, it will shrink back, etc. and try to make you feel like you are a bad person for wanting a tummy tuck in the first place. I don't think that anyone on this site in particular looks at a tummy tuck as a quick fix or a way to lose weight. We have worked our butts off to lose weight and there is NOTHING wrong with us for wanting surgery to fix what cannot be fixed with diet and exercise. It is wrong of others to make us feel like we are bad people for wanting surgery or that we are wasting our money or being selfish. Comments like "Just enjoy how you look in clothes" are not helpful to those of us that have negative feelings associated with the loose skin. Sure, I look really good in clothes now. I get compliments nearly every day, but all the compliments in the world about how nice I look in clothing cannot change how I feel about what is underneath. I have such negative feelings about my skin that I have not even let my husband see me without a shirt since I was pregnant with my son (he just turned 3!). Would my husband love me any less because of my loose, saggy skin....no. But I cannot stand the look of it and it makes me so self conscious that I have NO desire to have someone that I am so intimate with see it or touch it. Having the surgery in December will give me the confidence that I have been missing for so long. I am looking forward to it and no one will make me feel bad for wanting/doing it. (Ok, i'm stepping of my soap box now.)

Feel free to friend me if you want a supportive, pro-tummy tuck friend. :bigsmile:

TOTALLY AGREE! If I am not mistaken the OP didn't ask for advice if she should or shouldn't do it. I have noticed a lot of posters like to give unwanted advice but not answer the actual question. Until someone walks in your shoes and has your feelings then they do not know what is best for you. Good luck with your surgery!!
  • reikimastertchr
    Options
    I am 55 years old and have carried almost 80 extra pounds since having my children 30 - 35 years ago!!! I have lost 46 pounds and have managed to begin toning my skin thru S W I M M I N G at least 3 to 4 times a week for an hour each session...!!! When I began back in early March, I couldn't swim or stay afloat without a waist float from Swimmer's outlet...but I kept on...and am so happy I did.. I have been able to work up to 30 min of water aerobics and an hour of straight out swimming (free-style, back stroke, breast stroke etc).... It is working wonders and only cost me less than $200. for a year of unlimited swimming at our local Holiday Inn... I would suggest giving this a try as it seems to work all my body equally... I still have a ways to go...but I KNOW it will be worth it...cuz it seems my skin is beginning to 'remember' and go back (be it slowly...but surely) to where it should be... Just my two cents worth... Blessings and Good Luck in whatever decision you arrive at....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!