Feeling better after a slow start

Options
Hey everyone,

So I joined up the other day, had a good first week which then went awry! I was stressing over some job applications and had no time to shop, let alone think about what I was eating, which lead to some 'interesting' store-cupboard suppers (mushy polenta with baked beans and pesto anyone?). Unfortunately this lead to a few days of 'I've ballsed up already so may as well make it worth it...', plus my dog was away with my parents so I was missing my major exercise motivator!

But I'm not going to let that stop me this time. I've given up so many times before and this is going to be different.

Yesterday I got home hungry and started browsing the cupboards for something to fill the hole. I reached for the biscuits, but I stopped myself. I placed ONE on the counter and made myself do star jumps (Jumping jacks) while I looked at it! 2 minutes, a short break and half biscuit, another 2 minutes, another break and another half, and a final 2 minutes while I waited for the soup to boil for my dinner.

I burned all the calories that biscuit had cost me, and the exercise dulled my hunger pangs so I ate less dinner and felt satisfied sooner.

Guilt free biscuit, feeling happy and virtuous; maybe I can do this after all...

Replies

• ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Loved your post! Next time I want a snack I'll try lunges or squats :) It's a lifestyle change and doesn't happen overnight, I've had several ups and downs and still managed to lose 30 lbs over the last 5 months so I know you can do it!! :)