NSV- arms!!!

SenoraMacias
SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
edited 7:51AM in Success Stories
I was pulling my hair up this morning and noticed definition in my arms! I made it my default pic for now because I can't figure out how to post a pic on the forum. Anyway, I'm super excited to see some muscles in my arms!

Replies

• estevo66
    estevo66 Posts: 56 Member
    Very Nice!
  • mlweaver89
    mlweaver89 Posts: 35
    Lookin' good!
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    looks awesome!!!
  • X_Bex_X
    X_Bex_X Posts: 14
    how have you done it?? thats great!!

I have huge bingo wings and I hate them :sad: I've been doing push ups against the wall and also the one where you sit on the edge of a bed/chair and pull yourself up, for two days now - I know its gonna take aaages to get rid of though - also how long did it take to get definition in your arms?
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member

I have huge bingo wings and I hate them :sad: I've been doing push ups against the wall and also the one where you sit on the edge of a bed/chair and pull yourself up, for two days now - I know its gonna take aaages to get rid of though - also how long did it take to get definition in your arms?

I'm the same! I have no definition in my arms and it's pretty intimidating tryin to figure out how long it will take! How long was it until you started seeing results?
  • SenoraMacias
    Not gonna lie- it's taken AWHILE!!! I'd say 6 months before I could really really see anything. I do A LOT of weights also. Low weight (3lb) and high reps. I'm really into DVD workouts, and I use weights on them even when it's not called for. For example, if I'm doing a leg workout, I will still hold hand weights. Some recommendations are Jillian Michaels "No More Trouble Zones" and Denise Austin's "Shrink Your Fat Zones".
  • SenoraMacias

I'm the same! I have no definition in my arms and it's pretty intimidating tryin to figure out how long it will take! How long was it until you started seeing results?

I do push-ups also, but I have noticed more a difference in my chest doing that than arms (not be graphic, but the girls are a little perkier from doing push-ups!) I does take time, but stick with it!!! PS I had zero definition in my arms. They weren't "fat" per se, but definitely flabby and no shape at all.
  • What does NSV stand for?
  • SenoraMacias
    Non scale victory- any change you notice that isn't lbs!
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    SOOOO PROUD OF YOU! :) I'm so glad you stuck to it! My arms were like that too...really flabby...and then BAM! After working more weights into my workouts and doing jillians stuff my arms are all buff and stuff! :) I flexed last night and was amazed at how much muscle I have now :) LOVE the profile picture!!! SO inspirational! AND for all of those who were asking about how did she do it...she is right...it does take a LONG time to get them going but once they start it is easy to keep them going until they are all BAM BUFF! :)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Niiiiice! Buff arms are sexy.
  • plm209
    plm209 Posts: 222 Member
    Keep going! Muscle gain takes time. For all of those wondering how to do it, weights weights and more weights. You don't need to lift 35 lb dumbells, 5s and 10s are super effective for beginners.
  • SenoraMacias
    Keep going! Muscle gain takes time. For all of those wondering how to do it, weights weights and more weights. You don't need to lift 35 lb dumbells, 5s and 10s are super effective for beginners.

What he said!!! It's taken a good 6 months, and they still aren't the way I'd like- but better! And heavy lifting isn't required. I only use 3lb weights (although considering moving up to 5lb, as 3s are getting really easy) but I use them A LOT!
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Haha, its funny you should say that - I was in the shower a month ago, and my boyf was shaving in the sink. As I ran my hand over my arm with shower gel, I noticed a bicep - he now thinks I'm weird coz I got REALLY excited, and I'm going round telling everyone that I now have biceps! (Well, not everyone, but close family!)

Also he takes the mickey out of me a little, as they are teeny tiny - but they're my biceps, goddamnit and I love them! lol :smile:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!