Pro-form strapless heart rate monitor

Options
Anyone have one???????????
They have them on sale on woot.com today for 19.99

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You will be better off spending more on one with a chest strap, more accurate, and you don't have to keep pushing the button to get your HR. When it comes to HRMs you get what you pay for.
  • losinfat4good
    Options
    I have one and I get the same results as the machine at the gym when working out so they are pretty accurate to me. Mine does not go off of how much I weigh, it uses an average which is okay with me. The machines I use at the gym use my weight and somehow they come out if not the same then very close in numbers. It goes off of me being female, my age and heart rate
  • losinfat4good
    Options
    You will be better off spending more on one with a chest strap, more accurate, and you don't have to keep pushing the button to get your HR. When it comes to HRMs you get what you pay for.

Everyone cannot afford to get the really expensive ones, and pushing the button is not that bad. If you are jogging at 5 mph for 20 min you only have to push the button once within that 20 min frame b/c your activity has not changed. They are actually pretty good, the pro form one at least. If one can afford to buy a more expensive one hey go ahead, that is great!, but the results are the same.
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I agree you won't really get an accurate account until you have a chest strap. I used to go off the numbers on the machines at the gym and once I bought a HRM I was very very surprised to know the difference. I used to think I was burning 1000 calories and really it was more like 600, there is a staggering difference. Just speaking from experience. Save up a little while longer and invest in one with a chest strap. I got mine at Target, Polar FT4, for $93 but I love it and use it daily, wouldn't work out without it. Just sayin....
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I have one and I get the same results as the machine at the gym when working out so they are pretty accurate to me. Mine does not go off of how much I weigh, it uses an average which is okay with me. The machines I use at the gym use my weight and somehow they come out if not the same then very close in numbers. It goes off of me being female, my age and heart rate

FYI the machine in the gym are notoriously inaccurate. If you cannot afford a better one, save your money and just use the machines and MFP's estimates (take the lower of the 2)